Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
nice chart, does the length include the tail? im a bit thick!:hmm:
Nope. Well, if it does bugger me I have been seeing mutant rats/mice for my whole life :lol2:

Sticky please?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
This needs to be a sticky, maybe in the snake forum. Every time I need to have a look at it I have to google it! Come on!

·
Registered
40 Posts
iv been looking for something like this for aaages, cheers. one thing iv allways wondered tho is why are the frozen mice allways white? not bothered but a bit of variation would be nice lol

·
Registered
854 Posts
can somone confirm for me, i bought a pack of rat pups, but they have no fur, does that mean they are pinkys. they are between 1 3/4 inch to 2,1/4 inch. which to me look like pinkys aswell. but clearly marked rat pups.
do i weigh them once defrosted or wont it matter.
hope someone can answer for me.
apprieciate it. thanks.

neil

·
Registered
854 Posts
haha, sounds quite obvious but i was just looking on a food site and they listed rat pinkies , then another, then rat pups after that.
but thanks for the confirmation.

neil

·
Registered
854 Posts
just had another look and it was an american site. go figure
all the us sites list pinkies fuzzies then rat pups.
livefood by post only list 3 sizes?

thanks again

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
the "equivalent" column makes these charts "idiot proof"...

old thread... but... DEFO A STICKY...

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
iv been looking for something like this for aaages, cheers. one thing iv allways wondered tho is why are the frozen mice allways white? not bothered but a bit of variation would be nice lol
Generally the mice/rats used to breed with are lab rats as they tend to be bigger, more durable and have better production and are also white hense the colouring.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
it may just be my age - but shops round here sell small and medium adult mice as well as large and extra large.

Is that instead of hoppers and the other one?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Excellent info great thread !!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
absolutely helpful but umm...I've got 2 baby mice,1 of them weighs 4grams and the other 3grams.However,the one weighing 4grams is 3 inches long(with tail) and 2 inches long without the tail,the one weighing 3grams is 2.7 inches long(with tail) and 2 inches long without tail.Someone shed some light on it please...please reply ASAP

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.