Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
absolutely helpful but umm...I've got 2 baby mice,1 of them weighs 4grams and the other 3grams.However,the one weighing 4grams is 3 inches long(with tail) and 2 inches long without the tail,the one weighing 3grams is 2.7 inches long(with tail) and 2 inches long without tail.Someone shed some light on it please...please reply ASAP
One is long and thin and one is short and fat :whistling2:

This is only a guide. :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
456 Posts
:lol2: right,forgot that...I've got 2 baby feeder mice seperated from their mother and I bought them from a petshop for my leos but I couldn't bring myself to it.It's 6am now and I bought them yesterday at 2pm,they are still alive...any chance they would live?

**EDIT**
it is now 6pm so they've made it through a day and 4 hours.The bigger one(3 inches) has nibbled some dog food so I think they have teeth now,however their eyes are still closed.The smaller one on the other hand hasn't eaten anything yet,both of them refuse to drink water...I've tried many times.Any ideas what they can eat?(Can they eat yogurt?)

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
very usefull , least i know what sizes my rats are when i feed them to my snakes , ( i breed my own ) :2thumb:

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Goid thread very hepful does anyone have an equivalant for chicks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great chart, is a lot of help to a noobie like me. Now all I have to do is wait a couple of weeks for the doe's to drop and i will have loads of the litter suckers :)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Great chart, very useful. :2thumb: Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Girth

Can anyone post a link to a girth chart for these suckers? Length and weight don't really do much to guide the feeding process here. . .

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Can anyone post a link to a girth chart for these suckers? Length and weight don't really do much to guide the feeding process here. . .

I can do some girth measurements on what i have in at my house atm.

Rat fluffs
Rat Weaners
Small Mice
Large Mice

If that helps?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That would help a lot! Thank you ^_^
It's feeding night tonight, so i'll get you some sizes when i get them all out later, would do it sooner, but i'm off to get some more snakes today :2thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's feeding night tonight, so i'll get you some sizes when i get them all out later, would do it sooner, but i'm off to get some more snakes today :2thumb:
Any sizes for me yet? No worries if you haven't had time, I can be patient :D

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Any sizes for me yet? No worries if you haven't had time, I can be patient :D
haha sorry mate!! i actually kinda forgot! i missed the feeding night as i was too tired to wait for some rodents to defrost so went straight to bed when i got back from getting the new snakes, it's like 1am nearly, but i'll go get you some sizes now lol. Sorry for forgetting!

EDIT: right, back from the big outside freezer, with a few measurements.

I had no fluff rats left, as i fed the last two on thursday.

I also found some mouse pinkies, so added them on here too.

Pinkie Mouse - 1cm at the widest point of the mouse, and 3cm long.

Small Mouse - 2cm at the widest point of the mouse, and 7cm long (excluding tail)

Large Mouse - 2.5cm at the widest point of the mouse, and 10cm long (excluding tail)

Weaner rat - 3cm at the widest point of the mouse, and 12cm long (excluding tail)

Sorry it's not a lot, but this is all i have in atm, will try get some more sizes when i can and add them on here for you if you so wish.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi would you please be kind enough, if its not to much trouble, to put on the price as to what they go at if you was selling them to pet stores?
I'm considering starting up my own feeder rat/mice business and already have some female breeders just not sure as what price to sell them at as they all vary.
very informative chart by the way!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the chart, was very helpfull :)

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.