Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to buy a small mouse look good could of had myself might be better then the old dragons cooking :lol2::rotfl:heated it up with hairdryer put out the light really thought it was gonna go for it after 5 mins just when in to a ball so i have put paper down and put in the viv

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good idea, try not to peek and leave the room in darkness.

If it isn't eaten by tomorrow morning take it out cos it'll be teeming with bacteria... and it won't smell too pleasant either :p

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES will do that

Yes will do that i will clean out viv tomorrow to don't smell to cool in there now anyway

·
Registered
516 Posts
Have you tried dangling it close to your snakes nose and allowing it to strike at it my 2 snakes have not had any problems with dangled mice everytime they take me by surprise and I jump

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
definately try dangling it in front of the snake, possibly even touching his nose. my royal will strike if i dangle it in front of him...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
last 2 posts... seeing as you are fairly new... this snake has had a few problems feeding.. so the dangling and hoping it strikes has already been tried :D

leave him/her in darkness... and leave overnight :D

goodluck m8

peace

James

·
Registered
965 Posts
As above says try dangling it infront of him.I have to actually smack my royal on the nose with the mouse an then he goes mad an attacks it.Sounds bad but hes got a hard nose.:lol2::lol2:

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Done that

I have done last week will just leave overnight and try next week no point in stressing him out as he when iy a bull after 5 mins of trying

·
Registered
516 Posts
I agree try leaving overnight if that doesn't work don't worry as snakes do usually have periods of not eating. If he doesn't have it overnight wait till next weekend you never know he might be getting ready to shed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts