Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we've got 2 leo eggs still incubating, I forget how long now without the calendar but approx 65-70 days. Everything was going good until we came home Thursday night and someone had been in the room and moved the incubator, turning it on its side.
We put it back but the eggs were dented so I candled them just incase, they were still red inside and healthy looking inside but on the outside they felt a bit softer and didn't look great.
Is there any hope for them?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
eggs that have been turned will often die..the reason for this is that there is an air bubble in the egg and when turned it can move suffocating the developing embryo..you might be lucky and get away with it buts it going to be a wait and see situation.

if the eggs start to die off you will know..they will change colour and dry out collapsing all the while. do not give up until you 100% sure they are gonners.

lets hope this isn't the case... :)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Eggs often dent as they come to the end of incubation.

Your eggs should be nearly done now so if i were you i would cut them open so they have the option to come out if needed. Better that they have the option to breath than die in the egg through suffocation because of a lack of egg tooth.

Some people don't like to cut eggs open for various reasons but in this case because you are so close to the end of incubation i would suggest this is your best course of action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts