Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, apologies for any errors I have never posted before.

I've had a baby black house snake for about 4 months now, not sure his exact age but he was pretty tiny when i got him and I'd say he's now just off a foot in length (shoelace size width). He's currently in a a small plastic tub which the seller recommended so he wouldn't become stressed from a large viv, however this tub isn't big enough to fit the heat mat in so it's currently underneath but I don't think it's heating up enough and causing issues with feeding. Since I've had him he's not fed at all, he seems interested yet never eats it, we took him to the seller who kept him for a month and managed to get him to feed on and off and believed the issue was due to heat (uk winter rn)

My question is would I be able to put him in a 2 foot wooden vivarium with lots of hides to help heat him up more or would this cause further upset due to it being too big and would just put him off feeding even more?

Thanks, my other snakes have never had this issue before so I'm at a bit of a loss

Registered
If he's grown on and doing well then there shouldn't be any problem moving him into a viv, it'll look nicer too 馃檪

I keep my adults in vivs but tbf these are tiny when they hatch so at that size a smaller enclosure is appropriate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If he's grown on and doing well then there shouldn't be any problem moving him into a viv, it'll look nicer too 馃檪

I keep my adults in vivs but tbf these are tiny when they hatch so at that size a smaller enclosure is appropriate.
Thank you, will move him into the viv and hope for the best :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts