Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving house soon and am alittle concerned about how to move my Californian King Snake and her Viv. It's about a 35 minute car journey to the new house, has anyone got any suggestions on how to get her and the viv. to the new house while not letting it have a negitive affect on her?:notworthy:
-Beka

·
Registered
431 Posts
i would take her out of her viv, put her in a pillow case to transport, if your worried about her getting cold then use a hot water bottle with some warm water in for the pillow case to sit on.
but she should be okay for 35mins.
but i wouldnt transport in the viv.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
It'll be fine in a pillow case or small tub for 35 mins.

I just recently did it with 10 snakes, not fun I can tell you! :)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I'm moving house soon and am alittle concerned about how to move my Californian King Snake and her Viv. It's about a 35 minute car journey to the new house, has anyone got any suggestions on how to get her and the viv. to the new house while not letting it have a negitive affect on her?:notworthy:
-Beka
When I picked up my 2 new royals from Hull, I just left in them in the viv.

Both of them had the faces pressed against the window watching me drive, they certainly were not streesed, I actually think they enjoyed the car ride.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I recently moved my 3... had to leave all animals til the last trip by car (everything else went by van - including the vivs). They were all in an individual RUB box, with a towel in to soften the bumps and a muscle heat pad stuck to the underside of each tub at one end to provide some heat.

Set up my vivs as soon as I arrived at the new place with the animals, and in went the snakes. I only moved about 10 mins away, still took most of the day to get everything moved though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts