Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

In about a week I will be moving house and travelling about two hours to my new home. I have two map turtles which are just over a year old and I was wondering if someone could give me some advice with regards to transporting them without them being in their tank (as it's to big and i'm worried the water will go everywhere when travelling).
When I brouht them the pet shop put them in a sandwhich box with some wet cotten wall but they were only in this for about half an hour.

·
Registered
654 Posts
they will be fine to move in plastic boxes with damp towels in them, if youre worried about soaking youre car.
Ive transported many turtles in this way without problems so you will be fine.

·
Banned
23,827 Posts
My Mississippi Mud was bought in Derby at 4:45pm, and placed in a small plastic tub - the kind you buy crickets etc in, with some paper sprayed with water. It was then driven to Doncaster where it spent the night before being driven to Sheffield. On arrival in Sheffield it was taken by tram from Carbrook to Sheffield Midland Station. From here it remained in its box and went to London St Pancras. It then made a journey across London and out into Essex to Dagenham where it now lives. It was fine throughout. My point? It will be fine for longer than 2 hours! Maybe i wouldnt pack them together, but probably you can. Just be gentle with the tub,and dont let them dry out - keep them damp. Sphagnum moss would be an ideal thing to pack them in!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I shoudnt think drying out would be much of an issue mine used to bask in the sun for hours on end outside by the pond

1 - 4 of 4 Posts