Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i'm looking for mudskippers to buy had 2 but have just lost one so only got the one left so would like to get a couple more so if anyone know where i can puchase them in the uk preferably shipping too would be very helpful

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Stacey

I think you have emailed me direct and I have sent a reply. We have mud skippers in stock - all eating frozen blood worm and brine shrimp.

www.simplyseahorses.co.uk

·
Registered
433 Posts
exotic-pets.co.uk sell them but im not sure if they are in stock yet, maybe in a week or so :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I've got a world of water near me (birmingham ways)

It seems an ok shop, but they didnt have much, fish stock wise anyways but it was a nice place as you entered it really. nice display and nice tanks for sale etc.

They wwerent too bad helpfulness wise either ^^

·
Registered
519 Posts
i go to romsey world of water, and i know somone there and hes really helpful and the fish are of good quallity from there, iv never had a single problem. my mate says he is only helpful if people have manners, which i think is right, cause if ya a grumpy t:censor:t then bugger off lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
the reptiles are crap, but the fish are ok, most are from TMC
The world of water near me is crap....infact its been re-named World of Horrors !!.........TMC only sell marine fish ....ive never seen mudskippers on TMC lists........i think they'd get them from direct import like we did at maidenhead aquatics.

Be warned that most skippers are very territorial & males will fight to the death!! You need either a large area or only 1-2 males in a set-up with females.

·
Registered
519 Posts
no no, TMC only breed marine, ...so thats why when i was manager at my local pet shop we didnt order all our fish from them... hhmmm i think we did. they sell or "pass on" tropicals but not breed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sorry......i wasnt very clear in that last post......when i said "they'd get them from direct import" i was refering to world of water getting them.....not TMC .

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sorry......i wasnt very clear in that last post......when i said "they'd get them from direct import" i was refering to world of water getting them.....not TMC .
well i workied there and i knwo where all the fish came from, TMC imported them, and then sell as a middle man

·
Funkygeckos.webs.com
5,359 Posts
Depends where you are located really - Britain`s Aquatic Superstore near me in Bolton, ALWAYS has a constant, fresh supply of them in. There isn`t much they haven`t got, and definitely nothing they can`t get. I shouldn`t be giving them the thumbs up really, for fish they`re ace, for reptiles, they`re scandalously bad (in terms of everything!).

·
Registered
614 Posts
well i workied there and i knwo where all the fish came from, TMC imported them, and then sell as a middle man
Alright...no need to start throwin toys around !!......perhaps some TMC's sell brackish water and some dont.....the one i used to visit in bristol to buy marine stock never sold any brackish or freshwater species.

Depends where you are located really - Britain`s Aquatic Superstore near me in Bolton, ALWAYS has a constant, fresh supply of them in. There isn`t much they haven`t got, and definitely nothing they can`t get. I shouldn`t be giving them the thumbs up really, for fish they`re ace, for reptiles, they`re scandalously bad (in terms of everything!).
I used to buy stock from BAS, they get some nice rare fish in sometimes, do they still have the 2 large tanks in the fish section? with the pharaoh ants that crawl over the stock tanks ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts