Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here're my 3 Pet Crocodile Lizards, tho their common name is Chinese Crocodile Lizards, these guy actually came from North Mountain of Vietnam, my country. :D

They are Draco (Red & Golden), Lucius (Black & Golden) and Malfoy (Black & Orange) :2thumb: Hope u guys like them :blush:

The video of Lucius eating Mealworms if you're interested in this species :)
Lucius the Chinese Crocodile Lizard (Feeding on Mealworms) - YouTube

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
They look stunning! Id love a few of them what they like to look after have you got a care sheet you could post?

Reactions: Rocky Raven

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the comments :D So glad that everyone seems to love these guys!

These lizards are very rare in the world and I'm lucky enough to live in Vietnam where they can (not really easily) find them in nature. According to the guy that sold me these 3, mine are all F1 & caught in the wild, however there're currently alot of F2, F3 successfully captive breed (as I saw when I come to his place & there're alot of new born crocodile lizards available)
And for the care sheet, actually I just followed the info from this site (Animal Finder) to take care of them, nothing too difficult in condition tbh :D

Also, this article (Chinese Crocodile Lizard) is very very detailed & interesting, the writer even let them live together with Green Water Dragons & Basilisk. (And I did try this too lol, nothing really happened between these two species, but as he mentioned, there would be always the risk of food competition, which could lead to injuries, so... not for now!)

Anyway here're some more picts of Draco (Red & Golden) & Malfoy (Black & Orange), I have to admit that I truely truely love the coloration of this species! :3

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you get these CBB?
The ones that I have had experience with here in Hong Kong have always been WC and very difficult to start. I have had about a 40% good animal rate in WC from Guangxi or Yunnan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you get these CBB?
The ones that I have had experience with here in Hong Kong have always been WC and very difficult to start. I have had about a 40% good animal rate in WC from Guangxi or Yunnan
Hi RonanK, by 'CBB' u mean 'can't be bothered' or something? :D

And also what does WC stand for? Watch Commander?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are stunning always loved them :gasp: CBB is captive bred babies and WC is wild caught : victory:
Ahhhaahaha LOL gosh, thank entbiker!! I feel like I've just seen the new light of civilization :halo:

And to RonanK, my 3 guys are all WC :D I didn't take any of those CBB cause I think it would be difficult to raise them cause I also go to work and don't have much time for the small guys, so I picked the adult guys instead :2thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all, thanks for sharing the pictures, seems the Vietnam ones have crazier colors than the Chinese one.

Second, do you have the contact info of the person you got them from? Does he sells to Europe or States?

Third, you have just earned a huge responsibility. No idea if you know what sex your animals are, but these lizards are getting pwned because of pet trade and other stuff. Please join the efforts on breeding them. It will be so sad losing this guys, specially from your own country.

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
really awesome looking lizards that i've rarely seen available over here. i have to admit i've only seen pics of the Chinese ones and your Vietnamese locality have stunning colours. thanks for sharing, it's nice to see something different on here :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Sweet looking lizards :2thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First of all, thanks for sharing the pictures, seems the Vietnam ones have crazier colors than the Chinese one.

Second, do you have the contact info of the person you got them from? Does he sells to Europe or States?

Third, you have just earned a huge responsibility. No idea if you know what sex your animals are, but these lizards are getting pwned because of pet trade and other stuff. Please join the efforts on breeding them. It will be so sad losing this guys, specially from your own country.
Hi there, thanks for the comment.

I totally understand and also know quietly clearly about the status of these Lizards in the world, as well as your very reasonable concern. So firstly, please don't worry, at least 'bout my part, pet guys are in their living heaven now.

And I have the contact of the guy who sold me these (of course), however, he's just 1 of the 3 'retailers' (as far as I've known) that currently selling these lizards in Vietnam. All of them are taking the pets from an unknown/unrevealed source (which I believe that have already been successfully captive breeding the species, explaining for the current numbers of Crocodile Lizards distributors in my country).
For now he currently only sell them nationally, and he does share with me that it would be great to pet these ones outside of Vietnam, but he couldn't know the way to.

However, if you're coming from a group of Biologists (or sth like that) and you want you to take these Lizards for conservation purpose, please let me know, I would do anything to help, and I would love to, too.

@All: Thanks guys! I will update u guys with new photos (& videos) of them soon!:2thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, thanks for the comment.

I totally understand and also know quietly clearly about the status of these Lizards in the world, as well as your very reasonable concern. So firstly, please don't worry, at least 'bout my part, pet guys are in their living heaven now.

And I have the contact of the guy who sold me these (of course), however, he's just 1 of the 3 'retailers' (as far as I've known) that currently selling these lizards in Vietnam. All of them are taking the pets from an unknown/unrevealed source (which I believe that have already been successfully captive breeding the species, explaining for the current numbers of Crocodile Lizards distributors in my country).
Thanks for the reply, I am not a biologist, just a hobbiest that thinks people can help in any scale. Thanks for letting me know that there seem to be good numbers of these lizards in your home :)

I recently venture with this lizard, currently trying to raise a young one, think it was born August. If things go good, I will make it my project and was just curious where to ask for new bloodline. I do know a lot of the captive ones in the States came from Europe, like mine did, so was curious how viable Vietnam could be for new bloodline. Seems things are looking nice there.

I am curious, did the guy that sold these to you gave you any tips for taking care of them? I am not so sure how often should I be feeding mine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts