1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the three that i can't tell apart and Felix

Now, Bluey (the littlest)

Splodgey

Spotty (the one with spots on his back, funnily enough)

And one last one of Spotty and Bluey together​

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im really intrested in these, seem some available. Ive done research on them and i think these could be suited to newb phib keeper. Im just wondering if you could provide some general tank photos?? would love to see the bigger picture. what size tank they in??

They look amazing!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yea they're really great and are definitely good for a newbie, i got my first two (Splodgey and Spotty) about 3 years ago and they were my first exotic pet. I've got some tank photos but it's not the best for seven newts but it is a good example of what is good for up to 3 or 4 newts. It is 2ft x 1ft. I'm currently in the middle of making a new, bigger tank (3ft) for my newts as they have gotten bigger and more mature and so, because of the lack of space are starting to fight. I'm planning on making a thread about it soon so that might help also. In case you're wondering about plants or anything, the live ones i have are ferns and moss and the rest are fake, the ferns do really well in the cold water as you might have guessed it's hard to get nice plants for cold water. The newts also really like the rocks and as long as you don't mind not seeing them as much they like dark caves to hide in as they don't like the bright tank lights, especially if they're out of water.

·
Registered
440 Posts
there pretty cool =] nice work

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Great looking Newts and tank. Love the name Splodgey I have a mate who's nickname is splodge.
I wants some Newts now:devil:

·
Registered
18,150 Posts
They are really lovely :) and great set up too

·
Registered
72 Posts
They look really lush:mf_dribble: what do they eat? Bloodworms or something?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts