Reptile Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
finally all the harwork paid off, she loves it !

Just added some effects to the walls:

Then had to get the top on

Finally all the wiring, lights..etc put in place, substarte in and finally spike in!

finally spike in her final viv!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Nice looking viv, good effort, awesome like kinda like a ancient mayan type with all the ramps, pillars and the big open surfaces.

That tunnel on the left i'd fill that with soil tamp it in dig a short tunnel out if it and try to get him to dig his burrow in there.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
cheers for all the great replies :) didnt think about filling that tuneel with soil/sand might give it a go :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Mine loves his borrow, gives him his own secure hidey hole.

Rexx is much happier he has his as he dug it himself so its his safe zone.

Throw some cockroaches or marios in there and he'll dig them out good exercise.

All your levels and walkways look awesome. Might have to steal some of your ideas and mod mine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Mine loves his borrow, gives him his own secure hidey hole.

Rexx is much happier he has his as he dug it himself so its his safe zone.

Throw some cockroaches or marios in there and he'll dig them out good exercise.

All your levels and walkways look awesome. Might have to steal some of your ideas and mod mine.
just a quick one mate, what sand/soil mis do I use. I dont want it caving in on her

·
Registered
793 Posts
just a quick one mate, what sand/soil mis do I use. I dont want it caving in on her
Just standard B&Q/Homebase TopSoil should say its been screened and sterilised and Childrens Play Sand.
They will both be sterilised against anything toxic or biologically harmfull and screen against any foreign objects.
Mix 60%soil 40%sand give or take, and tamp it in so its nice and tight to stop it collapsing.
Both will be really moist but thats ok.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just standard B&Q/Homebase TopSoil should say its been screened and sterilised and Childrens Play Sand.
They will both be sterilised against anything toxic or biologically harmfull and screen against any foreign objects.
Mix 60%soil 40%sand give or take, and tamp it in so its nice and tight to stop it collapsing.
Both will be really moist but thats ok.

got 4 bags of their soild and a bag and a half of sand. I use the same mix atm so should all be good, might try it soon :)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Small update, Finally got some more polystyrene :) this is what I did this evening. Hopefully with more to come :) oh my gf helped aswell, she held some polystyrene...
Sounds just like mine :lol2:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
just a lil update, got a bosc to parter my spike. they were not too fonf of each other at first but then this happened:

·
Registered
20 Posts
In lookin to get a bosc and was thinkin of building a viv but I don't no were the best place to look for a ready made 8x3x3 viv from?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
tbh mate, this is the first ready made viv i have seen of its size. if you want one like this your better of making it yourself tbh :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
cheers for all the coments :D

21 - 40 of 48 Posts