Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my laeta after it's moult yesterday:

This one is bother or sister to Chris' A. laeta, but it's had roughly half the number of moults it seems. This is it's second moult with me and boy has it grown! I severely underestimated it's new size yesterday, it stretched out for me and it's a 3.5cm leg-span now up from about 2cm last moult. These pics don't show it so well, but it's now got a tiny patch of red colouration coming through on its abdomen! You can almost make it out in a few of these pics.

My P. irminia and T. violaceus also moulted today and yesterday respectively, so I may have pics of them up soon too!

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Here's my laeta after it's moult yesterday:

This one is bother or sister to Chris' A. laeta, but it's had roughly half the number of moults it seems. This is it's second moult with me and boy has it grown! I severely underestimated it's new size yesterday, it stretched out for me and it's a 3.5cm leg-span now up from about 2cm last moult. These pics don't show it so well, but it's now got a tiny patch of red colouration coming through on its abdomen! You can almost make it out in a few of these pics.

My P. irminia and T. violaceus also moulted today and yesterday respectively, so I may have pics of them up soon too!
No she didn't , I just checked . :lol2:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No she didn't , I just checked . :lol2:
:Na_Na_Na_Na:

A man can own 2 taps, can he not? Anyway, this one looks to be a little boy. Well I say that, after that last moult he's more or less doubled in size and is huge. Well, maybe pushing 3" at a stretch.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its starting to colour up nicely Toby, me likes :)
:D

Did yours increase in size that dramatically? Also, this is mine's second moult with me, yours has had 4 moults right?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
:D

Did yours increase in size that dramatically? Also, this is mine's second moult with me, yours has had 4 moults right?
Yeah I think its 4, if not definitely 3.... Mine didnt seem to have a big growth stint till the last moult at a guess I'd say its approaching the 2" mark now, just starting to show gold colours on the carapace :)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Considering how small they were when we got them I doubt it's been 3 moults to reach 2".

Unusual for an avic, my minatrix has moulted about 4 times since I've had it, maybe 5 times... still under and inch. :roll:

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Considering how small they were when we got them I doubt it's been 3 moults to reach 2".

Unusual for an avic, my minatrix has moulted about 4 times since I've had it, maybe 5 times... still under and inch. :roll:
Yeah but I believe A.minitrix stay quite small anyway???

I mentioned yesterday on that Avic ID thread I bought A.braunshauseni & A.azuraklaasi slings both at the same time, both fed and kept the same although the A.braunshauseni is at least 1cm+ bigger than the A.azuraklaasi....

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but I believe A.minitrix stay quite small anyway???

I mentioned yesterday on that Avic ID thread I bought A.braunshauseni & A.azuraklaasi slings both at the same time, both fed and kept the same although the A.braunshauseni is at least 1cm+ bigger than the A.azuraklaasi....
They do, but it's no excuse for such slow growth in my eyes... Taps stay small and they grow like weeds!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, I bought mine off eBay though :lol2: I bought it, posted here and then got a bit laughed at because it was you, and you were selling them cheaper over the forum :D

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Im gettin an adult female weds :Na_Na_Na_Na: nice spids though ent they

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm good for versi's at the moment :D

I've heard that they're a little arseyer than most avics when grown-up.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I'm good for versi's at the moment :D

I've heard that they're a little arseyer than most avics when grown-up.
lol a little im gettin the a/f off of becky n have allredy seen her 'its nuts' would be the correct term to use lol it threat posed when she opend the tub lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
our little A. Laeta just died this morning:( very gutted..

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aw, really? That's a shame.

How were you keeping it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts