·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much am well proud of them :D

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Your beardies are lovely. My beardies are the same age yet their is quite a large size difference betweeen the largest and the smallest. They all lived together very well with no fighting. The smaller one is in a viv on her own now but only because the 4ft viv wasnt big enough to house all three together.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ive heard that housing several together can result in a heirachy that, while they dont necessarily have any physical aggression, can mean that the dominant beardie gets the most/best food, while the weakest is cowed into submission and consequently doesnt get to eat as much (survival of the fittest and all that). Have you noticed that one seems more speedy at getting food/that the others seem a little slower at getting food? Ive not housed more than one together myself, but I have heard this alot. Which is why I bought the biggest of the baby beardies when I got mine :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my beardies are the same age i got them from becky wheeler in winchester and they are fine

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
my smallest one was bought 2 months later. She came from a different clutch and is only 1 week younger then the other 2. The smallest is the fastest and the larger two always let her eat first.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Johelian said:
Ive heard that housing several together can result in a heirachy that, while they dont necessarily have any physical aggression, can mean that the dominant beardie gets the most/best food, while the weakest is cowed into submission and consequently doesnt get to eat as much (survival of the fittest and all that).
This is very true.ith such a size difference,it would be better to house them separatedly.Nice ones Mantha,btw :wink:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Awww There lovely hunny!

Does'nt the small one look stunning! and the bigger one, well she must eat all the pies! hehe.

Okies, A while back i had a 3rd clutch from Snoopy. After 3 weeks of ages, some of the babies started to get a bit poorly. So i seperated the sick ones from the healthy ones.

I treated the babies and they made a full recovery. Anyway the babies started to make a real improvement Only thing being is that they are smaller than the others were. These 3 babies that recovered were given free, as i wanted them to go to good homes. And Sam was more than happy to adopt one of the smaller babies. Which i am very grateful for.

As for the cause of there illness? well that's still a mistery? But i do keep in contact will most of my customers and all babies are growing and thriving everyday.

Also might be a good idea to maybe feed the smaller one seperate from the big one. Place him in a food tub and feed him that way. It will also give him a chance to catch up with the other one.

Anyway Hun, Well done! And they both look very healthy and beautiful. Give them both a cricket from Auntie Becky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts