Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An update of my cali king...over the past few months imy snake as had her ups and downs as some of you might be aware.....

After several trips to the vet and courses of antibiotics, xrays and vitamins jabs....she improved but as now took a turn for the worse... :(

After a trip to the vets again today, she is now booked in for surgery on Monday (9.30) and im so sad and choked up as things are not looking good for her....

The vet is going to do a biopsy and have a look inside to see whats behind a lump that came up ....seems it may well be a tumour which i have been told will almost definatly mean her not making it as its situated in her stomach :cry: or it could be a viral infection, which the vet as told me can be treated but he doesnt know of many snakes who had this to pull through....

I will update you on monday evening if alls well.....

Im absolutely gutted and shes just curled up here on my lap as i type..(finding it hard to see the keys) :cry:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Poor thing! I know how you feel - this happened to a corn I rescued last year. She had a lump on her back and vet diagnosed either absess or tumor. After surgery it was confirmed as a tumor and tissue was sent off for analysis. If it had been returned as non-malignant he could have operated - but it came back malignant :(

Hoping for the best for both of you.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
(((((HUG)))))

So sorry to hear that .

Take care

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
sorry to hear that

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks for all your replies and wishes...

I had a call earlier this morning from the vet who informed me that my cali had a mass of tumours and it was considered to be too many to remove in her intestine...so he asked me what i wanted to do...we agreed that it would have been better to put her to sleep :cry:

I collected her this afternoon they had kepted her warm...i just sat in my car holding her and bloody crying me eyes out...

Her viv is now bare(as i cleaned it ready for her return)...and there is a huge hole in my heart where she once was...

Anyway, tomorrow im going to put her in the garden and surround her with flowers and love....

Thankyou all once again for your thoughts

Trace

·
Registered
401 Posts
Im sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
its no consolation but it was probably for the best. really sorry to hear this story

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts