Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My little baby out and about she went back in the hide just after this was taken though lol!!

Eye eye!!

·
Banned
623 Posts
Looks gorgeous, are geckos nocturnal? sorry if its a stupid question, i dont know anything about them!

For a smaller lizard he looks like he'll take anything on :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol not a stupid question at all...I don't know much about them really compared to lots of people on here...but yes they are a nocturnal species and she was only out because I had just tidied up her viv a bit and put her back in. And your right she would take anything on if it went in her viv lol!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
i think i read somewhere they are most active during the hours around dusk and dawn...

·
Registered
459 Posts
My observation is that Leo's become active at around 5:30 - 7 and stay up till they choose to go back to bed.
How ever.... My new Juvi Supersnow has caused me to re-think that theory as she is up during the day time and silly o'clock when I get home off my late shifts at work, which is usually 0100 hrs - 0300 hrs.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Looks gorgeous, are geckos nocturnal? sorry if its a stupid question, i dont know anything about them!

For a smaller lizard he looks like he'll take anything on :p
Gecko's in General are both. Leo's, Cresties, Gargs, etc are nocturnal

Day gecko's (Phelsuma, Lygo's etc) are (Shockingly) Diurnal

·
Registered
587 Posts
lovely gecko. 2 of mine are often out in the day, my super snow male does his I'm a pancake impression flat out on the hot side, and my mack female sits on top of the moist box watching all the goings on. Other 2 dont come out till feed/clean time about 7. Little fatty only seems to get up for food, lazy thing lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts