Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BD hasnt been for a poo for about 8-9 days, i've tried bathing and massaging,(i'm not keen on using parrifin), but she hasnt been, she is still eating ok and is as lively as ever.
I'm thinking a trip to the vets might be in order and will be phoning to find one near me tomorrow.
She is kept on playsand, but this is coming out and being replaced with roofing slates from my brother.
I'm worried about impaction, but I thought impacted lizards have trouble walking and moving around, she can still jump from the floor to a 12 inch high branch with no trouble, any help appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
how warm are you making her bath?? i do mine at about 26-28C, and do you massage while she is in the bath?

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
water is just warm to touch,I bath her in a plastic tub because the bath cools down too quickly, have massaged a couple of times, not really sure where though,belly? base of tail/bum area?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
just belly side of her vent..........stick her in the bath, about 3 inches deep, and top up with hot water and a jug from the sink, but put the water in the other end from where she is! give her about 10 minutes in the bath with a 2.5 minute massage in the middle. this should work.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
had the same issue with my leo,he didnt go for two weeks after frantic posts on here,sleepless nights,baths,massages and finally a booked vet app he went :roll: some1 suggested slower metabolisim due to weather,whatever it was the threat of a vets app made him go :lol: he was on sand,that went straight away and in came lino,it maybe different as urs is a different kind but try not to worry too much im sure he will go

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i'll do the bath again tomorrow, her lights are all off and shes sleeping now.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
are your temps ok?? sometimes if the temps are too low beardies cant digest properly and therefore take longer to poo.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
temps havent changed since i got her around nine months ago, she is about 10-11 months old and has a hot spot of 105-110 with an ambient temp of about 90.

·
Registered
336 Posts
have you combed the sand? i found a stash of buried poos the other day, beardies do like a dig which could have covered it maybe

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
same here! I'm constantly finding buried poo! in there sand. But also, how long has you BD been on sand?? I normally would only recommend sand for a BD that is over 1 year cos again the risk of impact to a youngster.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BADGERS MUM said:
any luck with the poo yet? i know it can be really worrying :(
no poo yet, either in the sand or fresh,shes been on sand since i got her, couldnt get a vet app yet, will try again tomorrow.
Thanks

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
keep looking, i cant stop eddie now hes started,some1 suggested mealies as they arent too nutritious so they pretty much go straight thro,dunno if bds eat mealies but maybe they have an equivalent food type that would help him along,and plenty of belly rubs dont know if i help him or nature took its course but i was as relieved as him :) i really sympathise with you

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i've got a tub of morio worms for treats, could i give her a load of these to make her go?

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
cant bloody find it,but thats what someone said,i mean feed him what you normally would morio wise,by the way they bite did you know :shock: i didnt realise how big they were n got some for the leo,my son complained they bite i said he was whinging but they actually do,anyway they might do the trick,ill keep looking if i find who told me ill pm it to you or post it,keep bumping your topic to the top if youre worried,some1 will help asap

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i know from experience that they bite :twisted: i crush their heads before feeding them.
I looked through your posts and couldnt anything either.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
instead of filling your beardie up with more food...try giving it some water in a syringe.just put a wee drop on the tip of its nose and wait till he/she drinks that then carry on givin he/she water untill it stops drinking.if my beardie hasnt poo'd i give him a drink and within 15 mins hes gone.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
she wont drink water from off of her nose,she just lets it run of her chin, :evil: she has a water bowl big enough for her to get in, she will only drink water from the rocks in her viv if i spray them but they dry up really quickly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts