Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are my Bearded Dragon

now when my bearded dragon is in the tank basking the temp is on between 100 and 110 and about 80 in the cool end, but she has her mouth open does anyone elses do that?

Also i have a 100 watt bulb as well do u think i should use either an 80 or an 60 watt bulb instead as i think that one is too strong?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
my beardies do that when they are hot to cool down. how old is your beardie?? and how long is he??

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
im suprised nobody has mentioned the sand yet lol. mine was on it when i first got him, you can see in my avatar, but i didnt know any better, kitchen roll or something would be much better while hes a baby:no1:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
nice beardies, and yh get them of the sand ! :D

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4 months old and about 14cm including tail

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
4 months old and about 14cm including tail

still quite small. mine are twice the size of yours and only 11 weeks old... lol.

i've got mine on sand and they are fine.. no probs. the person i got mine from had around 12 adults and had them on sand since they were young...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
still quite small. mine are twice the size of yours and only 11 weeks old... lol.

i've got mine on sand and they are fine.. no probs. the person i got mine from had around 12 adults and had them on sand since they were young...
personally id rather remove any risks, especially while they are so young. i didnt feed mine on it when i first had him, but he goes round licking everything so i took him off it. maybe when they are bigger but its a bit risky with little uns. each to their own though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts