Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd do a little post about my Beardy and her eggs..

Mummy, Yoshi -

Daddy, Fatty -

On the 19th April, Yoshi laid her 2nd clutch of eggs. (First were all infertile so abandoned incubation)
They were laid in the corner of the viv on dry sand as I wasn't expecting her to drop just yet.

After a couple of days incubation, they'd plumped out and looKed nice and healthy.

After 40 days, a single egg started to sweat...

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now, at 44 days.. most are sweating.

One of the eggs looks very unlikely to hatch (On the left). But the one on the right seems the most developed, it is the largest egg I have from this clutch, and I'm putting that down to incubation temps with it being in a smaller tub and kept on the top shelf of the incubator whereas the other tub of 12 eggs is kept on the bottom.

That's it for now.. Will keep updating the Thread as I go..

·
Registered
182 Posts
very nice !
btw how would you rate the incubator ?

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's doing very well, keeps temps steady.. Looks neat and tidy and has a good viewing window and interior light. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
sweating eggs

hi there i got some beardie eggs on the go at the minute also, laid at roughly the same time as yours, i see you have eggs that are sweating what does this mean as i have never noticed mine sweating, i check mine once a week on a saturday and had to throw out a mouldy egg but all the rest are growing nicely. i've got 2 clutches on the go so fingers crossed. and good luck with yours.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweating is the stage before the eggs collapse and then hatch.. I check mine religiously in the hope that they've hatched but still no sign of any little ones lol..

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[Geordie accent]Day 59 in the Beardie egg house..[/Geordie accent]

Few eggs still sweating, some have stopped.. Still none hatched.

One of the eggs has turned more and more brown over the last 7-10 days and is now collapsing, it's not as big as the rest of the eggs so I dont think it's gonna hatch :(

·
Registered
937 Posts
Woo Hoo well done you:2thumb:
Now youll be looking in every 5 minutes to see if the rest have hatched:lol2:.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Aww well done. Mine must have been laid just after yours...I'm getting more and more impatient waiting for the little ones to arrive. :lol2:

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still no other hatchlings yet.. This little gy is a feisty bugger but hasn't eaten yet still.
His tail is still curled up - birth defect? Its very cute anyway.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally some more have started hatching!
Number 2 is half out,
Number 3 has his head out and
Number 4 has pipped.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
His tail is still curly and he's ove a week old now and all the newborns have straight tails so I reckon it'll stay curly, should be called Piglet or Curly :D

Today there have been alot of hatchings.. There's only one left to hatch now, the rest are out, bt I bet it will have pipped by the time I wake up tomorrow, they hatch so fast!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts