Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a baby beardie that refuses to eat!!!!

At first the signs pointed to impaction, due to the calcium sand he had been kept in at the pet shop but things look a little more dia then that. He has lost most of his body weight and he wont even eat waxworms!!! I'm running out of idea and the more you guys can give me the better.

Thanx

Boyden

·
Registered
343 Posts
That would be the thing to do. Get his poop checked out and then you will know if there is something wrong with him. But to be real, if he has lost a lot of weight, most of the medicins will kill him. Try giving him a bath of luke warm water abd see if he poops. You could try forcefeeding him small dead crickets. But the stress can be deadly. Good luck.

·
Registered
632 Posts
yeah i'd take him to the vet, ensure he's well hydrated and force feeding would be an option, but i'd advise ground up dried food (prob zoomed) made into a paste and syringed into his mouth daily. how long has he not eaten for? they fast in the wild.. :? but it sounds a little more sinister than a natural fast :cry: where abouts r u in the world?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. It's fantastic that I've got so many people to help :)

I would very surprised if parasites had taken such a hold so quickly though..........especially considering the rest of his clutch are okies. I must admit that I think it could be a genetic disorder caused by too much inbreeding. Often i've heard of congenital problem causing weakening of the intestinal walls.

But the only sure is probably the vets.

Thanks so much guys and gals

Boyden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts