Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got 2 beardes approx 7 months old i don't know sex of either, although i think one male one female, they went off their food(locusts,crickets) about 3 weeks ago, were barely eating at all for about a week. took to vets he gave them both a antibotics injection after about another week they began to eat although scamp more than spike and since they are having runny bowels? is this a normal side effect of antiboctics or should i be worried? they seem perfectly fine in themselves but would like some advice thanks anna

·
Registered
766 Posts
Did the vet mention any possible side affects? Although my two have never needed antibiotics, if either of them showed signs of diahorrea I'd phone the vet just to ask over the phone if this was to be expected.

Hope this is nothing too serious and they both recover successfully :)

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
did the vet saw what was wrong and why he gave them an injection or did he just give them the injection without a diagnoses?
There's a couple of reasons why they have runny poo, sometimes it can be down to moisture in the veg. I think parasites as well can cause it and that could be why they went off their food but i think you'd need to find out what was wrong with the and why they had an injection.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
The vet doesn't sound too good though; i think there's an infection. Not sure what kind of infection but i'll give them a shot of anti biotics just incase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts