Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vincent LOVES his fruit, meat and insects, but I can't seem to find a way to get him to eat any vegetables at all, especially leafy greens. He doesn't even like butternut squash. I have a list I'm going through to try and find things he likes, but I thought I'd ask here what your BTS' favourites veggies were as well.

I mix greens up in cat food from time to time (though he still tries to avoid the veg), but I don't like to give him cat food too often as he usually has turkey or snails.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Our boy got very picky a few months after we got him so i put my foot down (as he was getting fat on his fav foods) and diced all his food in to tiny chunks and only put in the stuff i was trying to get him to eat (butternut, leafy greens, peppers, just veg in general) and offered this stuff daily with live food just 2/3 times a week till he got eating it. it worked and now he eats almost anything offered. hope you can tempt your guy :eek:)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha! I don't know how I didn't think of that! I had to do that with my uro who would only eat live food before I got him :) Thanks!

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Mine seem to particularly like yellow and orange vegetables; you could always "trick" your bluey by smearing the leafy greens with something they really like (for example, papaya/mango pulp and juice or blueberry innards).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.