Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have moved Basill into his new viv and all is well.

When he first went into it all i had in there was the basic items he had had in his faunarium, two hides and a water bowl and some of the substrate.

The viv looked very very sparce so i bought a log and some artificial vine, well to say he wasn't impessed is an undestatment, took one corn like peek out of his hide and turned his back on it.

Well tonight i popped into the room where his viv is and there he was, half way up his log, as soon as he saw me, he was backing of it, back into his hide as if to say, me, no, wouldn't go on that thing, what where you thinking buyiong that?

He is now scowling at me sitting in the inside runners of his doors!!!!

He's gonna have on hell of a shock when i open the door to handle him.....
lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
lol

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Just make sure the viv is ultra secure. My one did that for a couple of nights, which I thought was cute, but then the next morning when he wasn't there, I felt really daft. He didn't come home for 8 weeks after he got out. and I mean out out. Got a lift home one night and there he was, on the door step giving it 'if I ha a finger to push the bell, I would...now lemme in'!

It wasn't that funny at the time, he was a babby and was lucky to be found by me when he was, or he'd have starved, or been eaten by my cat. But it is a story i never thought i would tell

Anyway, I learnt the hard way, never make that mistake again.
SNAKE = ESCAPOLOGIST!

·
Registered
79 Posts
That they are!!!!!!! :oops:

Thankfully never had any get outside, your very lucky he came home safe. :wink:

I have been known to dismantle furniture looking for that naughty escaped snakie. :roll:

Matt.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have two forms of defence on the go at the mo.

I have a peice of cork jammed between the two panes of glass and a rod which is placed against the front pane of glass to stop it being "pushed" open.

Lets see him try to get out of that.

LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts