Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new to keeping snakes. I have a (roughly) 4 year old Corn Snake which I got from a rescue centre about 4 months ago. I’ve had no problem with feeding, handling etc, and have had one successful full shed. He’s going into a new shed I think, and I’ve just gone quite close to the vivarium for a look to see if it’s started yet, and the snake lifted up and gaped and hissed at me, all very quickly. I know they can’t see well building up to a shed, but should I be concerned by this behaviour?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Basically telling you to leave him/her alone. Nothing to be worried about, just wants to be left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
Hello, I’m new to keeping snakes. I have a (roughly) 4 year old Corn Snake which I got from a rescue centre about 4 months ago. I’ve had no problem with feeding, handling etc, and have had one successful full shed. He’s going into a new shed I think, and I’ve just gone quite close to the vivarium for a look to see if it’s started yet, and the snake lifted up and gaped and hissed at me, all very quickly. I know they can’t see well building up to a shed, but should I be concerned by this behaviour?
Basically telling you to leave him/her alone. Nothing to be worried about, just wants to be left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. He's in blue & irritable because he can't see properly.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Corns sometimes rattle there tail like a rattlesnake too when they don't want to be disturbed, should be fine after shed

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
My female corn was a nightmare for it, was so. Loud sometimes

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk
John the fox snake & Brutus the Baird's rat do it too- when John does it you can't even see his tail, just a blur & the substrate moving!:ROFLMAO:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts