Reptile Forums banner

My Corn Snake Jake Has Stopped Eating

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Werty75 
#1 ·
Hi can anyone help me i have 6 corns and 5 of them are fine i mean eating/sheding well but only one my male common corn hes about a year and a half now and hes not eating he has'nt ate for about 3 weeks and it's really not like him he was on 2 small mice once a week but then just stopped does anyone know why?

Any advice would be greatful

#2 ·
he probably wants a lady i would think, its not uncommon atthis time of year.

#4 ·
although the recommended age for breeding corns is 3 years old, the males start to mature at around 18 months, and snakes are the same as humans, some mature early n others later,

So i would agreed with Cornmorphs, n say its the time of year.

#6 ·
you can put a female in after she has shed, although you might want to look up more before you do that.

#7 ·
yep sonds like his hormones have kicked in. If your looking to breed them I would recommend the corn snake manual. Best to get as much info as you can.

#8 ·
taz u really only go 25 corns?

#9 ·
This is exactly the same as mine he is only 8 mths old though, he has shed about 2 weeks ago tried feeding twice nothing and he was feeding like clock work but not touching a thing. The viv has moved room so i dont knoe if the temp is slight different, and he was changed to rat pups which he has eat twice???? please help????:bash:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.