Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apologies for photo quality these are the best of over 20 never knew it was so hard to photograph a snake.
Born 1/9/07 and 9/9/07 bought on 16/09/07 both feeding and shedding well.
Concerned as i bought them as 1 cremsicle 1 caramel motley, colours were really vibrant but have dulled a lot and rather than being bright red/orange and dark brown/blackish as they get older there is not a lot of difference between their colour. Also bought as 2 x females as i made it clear i wanted to house them together, is it to late to pop at 8 months old.
If so can anyone recomend where i can get them sexed i spoke to my vet who will do it, but would prefer not to as she hasn't had to sex a snake in the last 10yrs.
I've bought a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft viv which i have been preparing for when they are big enough to go into it, but i'm really worrid in case i have male/female as i don't intend to breed or even worse 2 males.

ALL ADVICE WELCOME :cry:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
one looks like an amel or cream

and the other looks like a normal

can u get belly pics?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my corns what are they

Just trying with my daughter don't know if its best to take the with the light on or off any suggestions

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
shouldnt make any differance just a decent belly shot will tell me if its a motley or not

what is the belly patterns on them ?

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Well, if the red-eyed one was sold as a creamsicle then you should assume that's what it is (creamsicle is an amelanistic hybrid of Corn and Great Plains Ratsnake).

The other one, there's no way it's a caramel. Could be a motley - does it have a checkered belly or a plain white one?

What I'd do is put them into a small clear box - like a Really Useful Box - so that you can take close-up photos of back and belly against a solid white background. The more light the better.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
oe kinda looks okeetee

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Light on and just hold them firmly but gently. Look like a normal and a cream to me so far

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Id prob go with amel and a normal with the pics so far : victory:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what are my corns

Got to wait until tomorrow apparently my camera is naff, so will upload tomorrow with a friends camera, keep an eye out for some better photos. :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
id say the normal is het caramel mot as it is quite light looks just like mine the other one is a mystery but could be sunglow ? not much white for an amel and creams are normally lighter but may just be the picture deceiving us lol

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Normal and amel (possibly cream hard to tell in that pic), but definitely not a caramel, and certainly doesn't look like a motley, but of course that's easy to tell with the black markers on the belly :)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Normal and amel (possibly cream hard to tell in that pic), but definitely not a caramel, and certainly doesn't look like a motley, but of course that's easy to tell with the black markers on the belly :)
i agree.^^^^^^^

it does look quite similar to one of my motleys.

a belly pic will tell us what it is easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts