Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i've only had him a week or so but from everything ive read they should eat every week or so.As of now he is in a sweater box with holes drilled in the top,for substrate i have news paper which is keeping the humidty in between 70% & 80%, the temp is at about 82 deg during the day and 77 at night.He is housed alone water and a hide have also been provided. im not really concerned about him biting cause hie misses more then he hits cause im sooo quick ha!!! Really just concerned ummmm the only thing i can think of that might cause him stress is my cali king snake is beside him (in a seperate cage of course)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
nothing :cry: but she did cut herself and we think she had an infection, but you've only had her for a week so don't worry too much, they arn't the easiest of snakes to keep, make sure she has lots of hides, she may just need time to settle in, i had 2 CRBs and the other once wouldn't eat at first but now shes eating a fluff & a pinkie at a time every 5/6 days, just give her a bit of time and don't start to worry unless she gets thin, make sure she has plenty of fresh water to drink aswell as they like to drink alot!! Hope everything goes ok :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
nothing :cry: but she did cut herself and we think she had an infection, but you've only had her for a week so don't worry too much, they arn't the easiest of snakes to keep, make sure she has lots of hides, she may just need time to settle in, i had 2 CRBs and the other once wouldn't eat at first but now shes eating a fluff & a pinkie at a time every 5/6 days, just give her a bit of time and don't start to worry unless she gets thin, make sure she has plenty of fresh water to drink aswell as they like to drink alot!! Hope everything goes ok :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my second one also im not to worried its only been a week or so just wanted to cover my bases.

This is wierd though if i pick him up intially he's cool but if i give him some space to roam and then go to pick him up again he strikes something fierce lol

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
lol i haven't had a problem with that at all, got another one yesterday (before we realised Akira had gone :cry: ) and shes a little sweetie too, proper little pigs when they want to be, just take a bit of time to settle, I'm sure you'll be fine!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got home this morning and low & behold he was just finishing shedding i had no idea cause he must of went thriugh being blue before i got him ha!!! that explains alot for me!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts