Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my beautiful new Cresties, they're all about 12-14months old but a bit on the thin side soim fattening them up and they're getting very spoilt! I got them on thursday night and they're settling in well...
So! Introducing...
The male, (going into shed) Havent quite got a name yet but i'm thinking maybe Kurian? any other ideas?!
Fired:

Not fired: (I thought they were supposed to change the other way around!!!)

Cant decide if hes flame or harley, as his side patterns only really show up when hes dark (relaxed)
what do you think?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Female no.1, Madame Mim, Mad like her namesake (Disneys sword in the stone anyone?)
also starting to shed
Not fired: (bad pic but captures colour quite well - also gets lighter than this)

semi fired:

LOVE this colour:

Fired:

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

female 2, Setae (the sweetest thing shes so cuddly!)
I cant capture her colour at all, she comes out all dull but when shes not fired shes a light yellow, then fired to a mustardy yellow. Also shedding.

Setae (top), 3rd female (hiding behind Setae) and Madame Mim (bottom)

3rd and final female, no name yet so please help!! Shes a lovely olive flame, gets really dark green!

So what do you think???
any ideas on names for the olive flame female and the male?
Sarah

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
lovely gecks Art Gecko :-D

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
awww they're beautiful!

call her Lucy :D

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
lovely geckos art gecko how hard are they to keep? ive had my eye on the species for a while no and now they seem to be all the rage...

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys theyre really sweet. Gaboon, if youve kept any reps then theyre really easy to keep. Im in the process of writing a caresheet for them so once its done ill post it on here. Basically they like it not hot, any more than 85F for any period of time will send them into hyperthermic shock, so most people keep them between 70 and 80F which is fine. Room temp in summer and room temp plus a small heat mat in very cold winter days (depending on your central heating). They like it moderatly humid, between 50 and 65 is fine, New caledonia ranges massively in humidity, even reaching 99% sometimes so theyre pretty hardy. They eat livefood and non-citrus fruits, or you can use Crested Gecko meal replacement powder which is complete. If you've looked into them then you'll know all the cool morphs they come in and how you never know what you'll get!! its like kinder eggs!

theyre great and really easy, Im hoping to have these guys breeding soon so ill have some gorgeuos little babies incubating in the next few months so watch this space if you want some stunners!!!:D

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
cheers for that ive kept a few lizards in the past and i reckon ill try to get some cresties next year.... so do you mean the hatchlings are apparently random on colour like ATB's?

i need to do a little research before i dive in but from what youve allready seid they sound easy enough.

cheers,
cass

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea when you decide just pm me and ill send you to some good sites. what i mean on the colour is that they're not genetically predictable like leos or corns etc, you can potentially get any colour and any morph out of any pair. you;re more likely to get ones similar features to the parents but you often get oddballs and random morphs come out!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
they are wicked..sorry how many are there? 3?
and where did u get them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
there beautiful and blonde looks better than purple on madame min lol watched the sword in the stone today with the kids lol

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are 4, 1 male and 3 females. I gto them from a local lady who is getting divorced and cant keep them anymore (they were here husbands thing). They've got golden eagles and all kinds of owls too! its amazing!

Madame mim rules! she's even spotty! and mad. haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts