Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, heres the pair who im planning to breed this year, lemme know what you think!

Any advice you wanna give me on breeding would be appricated too! First time doing it, Im hoping it all goes to plan ... lol

Female left, male right.

Im going to weight them this week, but i was told my females 38g's when i bought her, the male im not sure but id say he's deffinetly bigger.

Thanks, Craig.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Well to be honest Craig 'you' don't actually have to do very much really :whistling2:

I don't know how long you have had them but I'm assuming they have been in quarantine. Good idea to check with the weight as if you have only had her a while then she may have initially lost a bit of weight whilst settling in.

Good luck :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, well im not planning on putting them together just yet, maybe anouther month. Depends on what weight shes at i think.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
once the quarentine period is over goodluck with the breeding but ive heard that u usually dont need much luck with them getting down to it.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, and yeah it all sounds easy, so im exspecting everything to go wrong ... usually the way lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
Male Cresties are randy little things. I would say within a few of days of having put them in together the job will be done!

As already said just double check the females weight to make sure she is at least 35 grams. It would be a good idea to seperate them once they have mated as well or the male will keep pestering the female which could cause undue stress. She may also not be comfortable with laying eggs if the male is still in the same enclosure.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts