Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I supprised Reiyuu when I came home last night with 3 crested geckos.
All 3 are home safe, and happy this morning and I've just had a quick head count to make sure all are ok.
They're currently nameless until we know their gender, until then, they are called "that red one", "the bigger one" and "the other one"

Pic to come when I can get some tonight.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It was such a lovely surprise! they are all just so adorable and has made me determined to find more in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Congrats on your new arrivals. There's something really fascinating about watching cresties isn't there?

Hope they settle into their new home quickly :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
hehe they are so soft and delicate in comparison to leos! we had to handle them to get them out of their travel tub and they seemed very very friendly.

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
hehe they are so soft and delicate in comparison to leos! we had to handle them to get them out of their travel tub and they seemed very very friendly.

They feel like silk don't they? I was amazed when I first held mine.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Congrats cant wait 2 c pics !!!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww congratz im hoping to persuade my mum into getting some cresteds :D
They're great little lizards, they're so soft and silky, and its really fun to watch them climbing all over the place.
I didnt believe how good they were at jumping til I saw it first hand this morning, I had a bit of a fiddle about with the viv and the heatmat and had one pounce onto my hand from about 8 inches away.

We've just given them some what uni-sex names.
The big one is called Saturn,
The red one is called Pluto,
and the small harliquin is called Mars.

Anyone willing to place bets on adult colours?
Currently two look mostly like harliquins, and the one is olive in the day, but a lot more red at night.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
awwwww there beautiful..:D love there viv ive always loved them but nowhere near me sells them one shop sells tokays...But ive heard they bite

Anyway there beautiful love them!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ty very much!

The viv is a 60x45x60 eco-terra, with a small exo-terra water fall (I'm a exo-terra whore)
Using the compacted soil stuff with a layer of reptil bark as a substrate. I want to get more plant life for the bottom of the viv, as it looks a little too open for my liking.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
If they are only babies (which I guess they are as they are unsexed) then that size viv isfine for them :)

Plant wise, are oyu putting live plants in or sticking with exo terra ones (you said oyu lurve exo lol)

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
very nice !!!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea that size is good for them as adults too!
That was the impression I was under, that a 60x45x60 would be good for 2-3 adults.
Either way, in a few weeks I should have another viv, and I can move one into that when they get a bit bigger.

I'm going to get some more stick on plants for now (I bought out my LPS's supply last week) and then I may switch to living plants in the future (a year or so)

It's not that I love exo-terra, I just know they work. Lol

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
warning.. picture heavy post

More pics! and yes.. that is a body print in the food....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts