Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 17 year old daughter has just passed her test ,she is now driving to skegg as she has been called in to work .
i am cacking my self at the thoght she is driving out there on her own ,should i feel like this ?
i totally trust her ,i should do my hubby was her instructor lol.
i only passed my test 3 yrs ago and i can still remember how i was for the first year driving on my own ,my legs would be like jelly from nervs by the time i got where i was going .

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
There isn't a massive amount you can do, yeah sure you can worry, its natural and any parents right to be concerned for the welfare of their offspring, but know that worrying will get you nowhere. Have faith in her ability and try to pass on any knowledge you may have in a hope that this might increase her driving ability...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ye i did that before she left i said if you get a big lorry or a lot of traffic behind you as soon as its safe ie a layby pull up and chill for 5 min .as i know she hates lorrys behind her .
i know i shouldnt worry so much but i do i seem to take my kids problems on my shoulders to .
she has been told to ring me as soon as she gets to her nans which is half way then when she gets to work.
im hopeing it will only be today i will be like this as its her first time out on her own .

·
Registered
683 Posts
Driving's easy I'm sure she will be fine, she's likely to be a lot more cautious than a new male driver, as long as she takes her time and doesn't panic or anything she will be used to driving on her own in no time.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
I think its in a parents genetic makeup to worry once the kids start flying the nest and getting some independance. Nothing wrong with that - natural reactin and a protective instinct kicking in.

·
Banned
14,611 Posts
Totally natural i'd say,
eldest daughter will be 16 next year and taking her CBT and getting a restricted geared bike, i totally approve but it wont stop me being a wreck when she's first out on the road.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
she will be fine,

i passed my test about 7 weeks ago and obviously my mum was cacking her self when i drive and still does.

just natural parenting.

the first week of driving i drove to london via M3 etc by my self and i really thought my mum would have died from shock.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Hey in the first week of driving I think I jollied off down to Devon (from Portsmouth) a week or so later I thought id be brave and tackle the M Roads, they are all roads at the end of the day, you could claim that some require a higher level of perception but realistically they all require that level and if she past then you can safely assume that she has demonstrated that level adequately....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts