Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only been keeping dart frogs for a relatively short time, but already hooked!. started out with azureus, which are the ones Ive wanted for years. now have just added a pair of your auratus to my collection.
Pics:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Oo..I love Azures lovely little frogs I wish I could find some
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
zirliz said:
Oo..I love Azures lovely little frogs I wish I could find some
ive been after some dart frogs my self,,but i want to research more before i buy them,,have you guys checked out

www.dartfrog.co.uk

this is where i will be getting mine from when im ready
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,190 Posts
the blue ones really nice looking, i've never even considered frogs before, but i might now, are they easy or hard to keep?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
markhill said:
the blue ones really nice looking, i've never even considered frogs before, but i might now, are they easy or hard to keep?
ive read they are quite high maintenance,but on dart frog website there ares some species that say easy to keep,hardy frogs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
can u give us a run down on what size viv,equipment you are using etc,also did u manage to find a decent book on them,,ive got a cheap one off ebay but its quite basic,,need a more in depth one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
just as a sidenote to this. www.dartfrog.co.uk F**KING brilliant!!

got six leucomelas (the yellow ones) from Mark a month and a bit ago. Great help via email. Delivery when he said it would be. Frogs in good nick and the fruit flies won't stop breeding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
mike515 said:
just as a sidenote to this. www.dartfrog.co.uk F**KING brilliant!!

got six leucomelas (the yellow ones) from Mark a month and a bit ago. Great help via email. Delivery when he said it would be. Frogs in good nick and the fruit flies won't stop breeding.
i take it you bought your frogs off there,are they easy to keep or high maintenance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
they're not too bad actually. reading care sheets and stuff lead me to believe i was giving up my life to care for these little guys. In reality, its just keeping the humidity, heat and hygiene in check, and a constant, reliable soure of food
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
What about cleaning them out. How to you go about handling them?

(non-amphibian guy here)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
not too bad. CB ones don't hve any of the toxin as it is caused by the ants they eat in the wild. WC usually lose this after a while anyway.

The setups i have them in are just basic plant jobs, just until im confident with all the care. Then i'm gonna get adventurous with vines and a built in water fall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
mike515 said:
not too bad. CB ones don't hve any of the toxin as it is caused by the ants they eat in the wild. WC usually lose this after a while anyway.

The setups i have them in are just basic plant jobs, just until im confident with all the care. Then i'm gonna get adventurous with vines and a built in water fall.
cool, do you think the medium size exo terra will be suitable for a pair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
im by no means an expert. ive only had mine for a few weeks.

email mark from www.dartfrog.co.uk

He will help you loads
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Will he ship to Ireland it costs 160e for Azure frogs each)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
that www.dartfrog.co.uk site is the mst impressive dartfrog site ive seen yet cheers for pointing me in the right direction im deffo after having darts one day cheers

xx
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top