Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only been keeping dart frogs for a relatively short time, but already hooked!. started out with azureus, which are the ones Ive wanted for years. now have just added a pair of your auratus to my collection.
Pics:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Oo..I love Azures lovely little frogs I wish I could find some

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
zirliz said:
Oo..I love Azures lovely little frogs I wish I could find some
ive been after some dart frogs my self,,but i want to research more before i buy them,,have you guys checked out

www.dartfrog.co.uk

this is where i will be getting mine from when im ready

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
the blue ones really nice looking, i've never even considered frogs before, but i might now, are they easy or hard to keep?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
markhill said:
the blue ones really nice looking, i've never even considered frogs before, but i might now, are they easy or hard to keep?
ive read they are quite high maintenance,but on dart frog website there ares some species that say easy to keep,hardy frogs.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
can u give us a run down on what size viv,equipment you are using etc,also did u manage to find a decent book on them,,ive got a cheap one off ebay but its quite basic,,need a more in depth one

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
just as a sidenote to this. www.dartfrog.co.uk F**KING brilliant!!

got six leucomelas (the yellow ones) from Mark a month and a bit ago. Great help via email. Delivery when he said it would be. Frogs in good nick and the fruit flies won't stop breeding.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
mike515 said:
just as a sidenote to this. www.dartfrog.co.uk F**KING brilliant!!

got six leucomelas (the yellow ones) from Mark a month and a bit ago. Great help via email. Delivery when he said it would be. Frogs in good nick and the fruit flies won't stop breeding.
i take it you bought your frogs off there,are they easy to keep or high maintenance

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
they're not too bad actually. reading care sheets and stuff lead me to believe i was giving up my life to care for these little guys. In reality, its just keeping the humidity, heat and hygiene in check, and a constant, reliable soure of food

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What about cleaning them out. How to you go about handling them?

(non-amphibian guy here)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
not too bad. CB ones don't hve any of the toxin as it is caused by the ants they eat in the wild. WC usually lose this after a while anyway.

The setups i have them in are just basic plant jobs, just until im confident with all the care. Then i'm gonna get adventurous with vines and a built in water fall.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
mike515 said:
not too bad. CB ones don't hve any of the toxin as it is caused by the ants they eat in the wild. WC usually lose this after a while anyway.

The setups i have them in are just basic plant jobs, just until im confident with all the care. Then i'm gonna get adventurous with vines and a built in water fall.
cool, do you think the medium size exo terra will be suitable for a pair

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
im by no means an expert. ive only had mine for a few weeks.

email mark from www.dartfrog.co.uk

He will help you loads

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Will he ship to Ireland it costs 160e for Azure frogs each)

·
Registered
83 Posts
that www.dartfrog.co.uk site is the mst impressive dartfrog site ive seen yet cheers for pointing me in the right direction im deffo after having darts one day cheers

xx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts