Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

As title... my tiger rump has torn its abdomen, i dont know how i just found him looking very sorry for himself on the floor of his terrarium..

my guess is he did some aeriel atack on a cricket and missed, and tore his back on his cork bark hide.

anyway, damage is done and i've tried to do everything i can to fix it..

Put him in an ICU, high humidity etc. etc.

and on the advice of my gf i tried to slow the loss of fluids with flour while i found something to patch him up with.. this seemed to work at first but then had the opposite effect..

anyway i cleaned the flour off him and proceeded to put superglue over the wound which i think has sealed him up..

is there any chance of survival here ? the wound is almost right in the middle of his abdomen on the top to the left hand side.

His back right hand legs seem to have no use to him at the moment, his thret posture is very feeble.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
For some reason I thought we was talking about a tort...my bad.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
you need LOW humdity, its to stop infections. thats imperative.. other than than there isnt too much more you could do i would find out exactly what has happened and how it was caused though

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The only case our vets have had with a tarantula was a torn abdomen. They used superglue on it and it did work. Hopefully it will right itself with the moult. Good luck little T :)

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Keep it warm and in a dark place. Keep checking up on it every so often. My friends Chilean Rose had this happen last week. He is fine now and we are just anxiously waiting for him to moult.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.
he went for his moult and survived it!
One of his legs were caught but hes doing well up to now. gets a bit shaky if disturbed but hes being checked every hour so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not Looking forward to when a crawshayi or a murinus does this !!!! Dont think I would manage with a tube of glue stuck to my fingers and a pissed off Nasty LOL

Really really really glad all seems to be ok !!!!!

Was it due for a moult, or is this just a natural defense to injuries ???????
Obviously Liz's and snakes cause themselves some injury in defense but a moult that was not ready seems soooo dangerous !!!!

Cheers

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.