Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, sen keeps digging and digging and digging, iv felt her belly and i cant feel any eggs and i dont think she looks remarkable bigger than normal but she is digging relentlessly, iv put a box with damp sand in and she seems to dig in that and just sit in it sometimes but she digs most in the corners of the cage. do you think she is bored and wants to come out?

since i cant feel eggs im guessing she isnt gravid as surely id be able to feel them?!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she is kept with a male and she is about a year or older. he doesnt seem to notice her but iv seen her waving at him but he just ignores her.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I know this is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, but what did you think would happen if you kept a male and female together?

I would guess that she probably is gravid, and is too young to lay. Make sure she has somewhere to lay, and keep an eye on her.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
she is kept with a male and she is about a year or older. he doesnt seem to notice her but iv seen her waving at him but he just ignores her.

some women wave at me all the time and i ignore them, maybe she isn't his type :lol2:

keep an eye on her as she may be gravid, only time will tell, they could have bred when you weren't watching!!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shes not far too young to lay, she is over a year old and has stopped growing. and i wanted them to mate so if she is gravid then thats what iv been planning, i just cant feel any eggs so was wondering if thats what it was or not. :)

she has a lay box in her viv, she doesnt dig in it all the time though, mainly she digs various places about the viv. iv got another viv for her once she is definitally gravid i can separate them :)

iv ordered some pete to use as a second lay box as i dont know if she likes the sand or something.

she is still eating though :)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Maybe she feels her claws are too long? Or maybe it's just a "practice" urge. The Beardie version of being broody?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts