Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick pic my boy took today. That's Sharon, she's about 2 1/2 feet long now, and she's a great feeder. She's taking an adult mouse every 5 days or so.

http://imageshack.us

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
sharon is ver pretty mate!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Very Nice. Whats There Temprement Like In general (I Know All Snakes Are Different But Like Yeah...) What Size Do They Get And Whats the Average Price Your'll Pay For Them?

Sorry For 20 Questions, There Gorgous!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
hogg island boa

Gorgeous snake there mate, keep up the good work.: victory:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very Nice. Whats There Temprement Like In general (I Know All Snakes Are Different But Like Yeah...) What Size Do They Get And Whats the Average Price Your'll Pay For Them?

Sorry For 20 Questions, There Gorgous!

Thanks for the nice comments.

The hoggs normally grow between 4 1/2 foot to 6 foot when fully grown. Females tend to be bigger than the male but in my case the male is bigger because Sharon was a problem feeder as young.

Now she's catching up in style. I'm very happy with them, they are great feeders, by the way, that's the only instance one need to be careful because they strike with a lot of power. The other week I wiggled the mouse in front of the male and next thing I saw was that he swallowed half of the mouse in the strike.

They seem to be calmer than other boas I had, and they are great to handle. They seem to wander a bit, but once they find a spot they liked they will stay.

Never got bitten by mine, but as an adult I suppose it will be as bad as a common boa, but hopefully it will never happen.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since I got some good replies, I'll post a few more pics of Sharon for you.

The funny thing about this species is that you can't appreciate its beauty from only one angle or position. Depending on the lights, angle the colours might change a bit, but the thing I like about my hoggs is that at times they look very whitish (still haven't been able to capture that well because of the lights), but they've got a subtle pink colour in the background and their tails are very orange.

I post a few pix so that you can have a look for yourselves :blah: :crazy:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, I cut my finger nails today (before anyone mentions) :eek:oo:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last, but not least :icon_redface:

·
Registered
523 Posts
She is beautiful ^.^ Lovely piccys =3 How big do Hog Island Boa's get? I want to get either a boa or python of some sort which wont get too big to handle ^^

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The hoggs are one of the smallest boas. They normall grow between 4 1/2 ft to 6 ft as adults.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Wow how she has grown Dexter lets see Ozzy as well a pic of them both would be nice Sharron's colour is really coming through.
Regards Maki

·
Registered
304 Posts
our baby

heres our hogg island baby

and mam and dad pairs still available from the breeder

1 - 20 of 27 Posts