Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she has been out in the ope all day now and she just sits there with her head up and sometimes i can see her stomach contract i think that's what its doing. and then she sorta looks like shes gagging she even sticks out her tongue. could this mean she may be egg bound because her tummy is big and she hasn't been eating or maybe shes getting ready to lay her eggs we've been waiting a long time. they have paper towels as substrate so she hasn't ingested any sand or anything. she looks very healthy except for this. any ideas?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hi, are you expecting eggs off her? If you are then she should have a laybox and be left alone otherwise she probably will become egg bound due to the stress and having nowhere to lay. Is it possible that she overheated when outside? I'd suggest leaving her alone and booking a vet appointment if she hasn't improved by the morning

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'd probably go for sphagnum moss, think I heard that vermiculite can be toxic to some reptiles (although if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me). The eggs can be put on the vermiculite or another substrate when in the incubator

Reactions: Chris18

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i just read another place that

either would be fine i know she doesn't like the sphagnum moss ive tried putting it in there before and she wouldn't go in she is used to moist paper towels lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She passed away

I took her to the vet and she gave her some antibiotics but we were too late i got her home she had a couple seizures and was limp so i took her back to the vet and she was gone. Respiratory infection so if your leo looks like shes gagging or coughing take her to the vet right away please it will save her life or his life. She passed away on Friday at 5:00 pm I'm still upset my heart is broken.....

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Very sorry to hear the passing of your female gecko :(

RIP :(

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.