Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had this little guy well over a year and this is my first tag from him. Actually, its my first tag ever.

I didn't even realise he had done anything until I seen the blood and realised then what had happened. It just felt like I'd been flicked. Not what I was expecting at all. Haha! But even so, he still managed to draw blood and leave a slight jaw imprint. I'm quite proud of him! :flrt: :lol2:
A thread is worthless without pictures, right? ;)

Cleaned up...

The culprit, back in his feeding tub, ready to bite me again given half a chance! lol

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Aw he was giving you kissy nibbles.....cuz he loves you bless him :gasp:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I got bit the first day I got my first snake ! Went to the shop, opened up the tub, BAM, hung on for 30 minutes ROFL

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got bit the first day I got my first snake ! Went to the shop, opened up the tub, BAM, hung on for 30 minutes ROFL
Sounds like quite the "introduction". :lol2:

·
Registered
347 Posts
lucky it wasnt an ETB like my first was went right through my thumb nail

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While this is the first time I've actually been had, it's not the first time he's struck at me. He's dog tame the majority of the time but when he's in feed mode... :devil:

Little :censor: struck at my face a few weeks back! He managed to push the lid up on the RUB enough to squeeze out and strike at me. That shook me up more because I felt the air move infront of my face from the movement, that's how close he got.:lol2:

Completely my fault though, I guess I've become too complacent. Lesson learnt. :whip:

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Now you're a real snake keeper :no1:

Reactions: Morty

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the frist of many,just wait untill a 13 foot burmeses bites you in the face!!!
I've actually seen that happen, and it wasn't pretty. One of the teeth went straight in my friends eye. Didn't know for over a week if he wold lose the eye or not, but he didn't.

Human error. Never change a snakes water bowl right after you have been feeding monkeys :whistling2:

Reactions: motorhead

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Yeah, I imagine that's not so "cute". :lol2:
yes your so right just glad of the long hair as the wound :censor: blood for quiet a time after,and yes my fault as i never washed my hands after feeding other snakes...... live and learn! !:blush:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the frist of many,just wait untill a 13 foot burmeses bites you in the face!!!
I've actually seen that happen, and it wasn't pretty. One of the teeth went straight in my friends eye. Didn't know for over a week if he wold lose the eye or not, but he didn't.

Human error. Never change a snakes water bowl right after you have been feeding monkeys :whistling2:
Eeeek!! That was the first thing I thought of happening when I read the comment by motorhead. :sick:

Glad your friends eye was ok in the end though!

·
Registered
7,776 Posts

thats last bit is the best quote i have read in a long time :notworthy:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's definitely no fun when something big wants to give you a love bite.

I haven't been bitten in the face yet, had a few close encounters though : victory:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Eeeek!! That was the first thing I thought of happening when I read the comment by motorhead. :sick:

Glad your friends eye was ok in the end though!
He had to have surgery to remove a piece of tooth from the eye. The surgeon said if it wasn't for him wearing glasses at the time, the eye would be gone. He laughs about it now, because he knows it was his fault. It was years ago, but he still has the snake and it's near on 30 now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts