Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting in the snake section, but for the past few months have been browsing, looking for info on royals, ever since I saw one in my local store. It was love at first sight, even though i've never been interested in snakes before. But i thought i'd have to wait, because mum refused to have mice in the freezers. Then today, for my birthday, i just got the best present ever! A vivarium! After subtly making sure i'd done my research, she'd reserved the royal i'd seen and got me all i needed for him! I must be the luckiest person ever! This evening we brought him home and after exploring a bit, he's now under his hide. Let's hope he settles in okay.Best birthday ever!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
nice one matey,
good choice of snake, i hope you dont get any feeding issues.
you probably know this but.. dont handle your snake for about 5-7 days ..just so it can settle in stress free.
avoid feeding for the first week.
oh and yeah your a lucky person .i wish someone would buy me a snake and set up.:lol2:
any further questions ,were always here at some piont to help:2thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! Yeah just resisting the urge to touch him. Am happy to watch him dawdle about for now though!

·
Registered
292 Posts
:2thumb:Enjoy it.Whats its name???:hmm:

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
lucky you, to have such an understanding mother...
well done mate

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Wish my mum would have done that when I was younger, now it's me doing it for my kids

Whats sort of setup do you have for him?

Grats on the new addition

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
congrats on your new snake (& happy birthday:lol2:) make sure you add some pics when he's all settled in

·
Registered
628 Posts
First time posting in the snake section, but for the past few months have been browsing, looking for info on royals, ever since I saw one in my local store. It was love at first sight, even though i've never been interested in snakes before. But i thought i'd have to wait, because mum refused to have mice in the freezers. Then today, for my birthday, i just got the best present ever! A vivarium! After subtly making sure i'd done my research, she'd reserved the royal i'd seen and got me all i needed for him! I must be the luckiest person ever! This evening we brought him home and after exploring a bit, he's now under his hide. Let's hope he settles in okay.Best birthday ever!

omg congrads! :no1::no1::no1:

i envy you for ur mum lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol i'll try put pic ups na when he's settled. His name's Monty...couldn't resist ! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
swweeeeeeeeeeettttt :no1:

·
Registered
376 Posts
What an absolutely fantastic present and of course a great mother, it was also the OH’s birthday today too she also had a Royal for her birthday......OK we picked it up last week but nonetheless it was her present from me.

What are you naming it?

Boy or Girl? (I know you called it a him *Monty* but are you sure?)

Morph or Normal?

Tell us more as it’s always great to hear of younger people having snakes instead of a pet gerbil or goldfish or whatever (not that I have anything against either) but your mum is a star. Our eldest also had a snake for her birthday of yesterday (one daughter day before OH’s birthday and another the day after mine) she had a pinkish coloured Corn Morph (Amel)

Funnily enough I was visiting my parents with my eldest daughter today on the way back from an audition she had in Manchester and my parents keep hamsters and in jest i quipped that they were a snack for one of the Royals to which my mother gave me hassle and thumped me in the arm (bloody mothers). Anyway we got talking about our snakes and so on but nothing deep and too hectic and we left an hour later, we got back to Leicester about 45mins later maybe less and as the OH and the other two daughters were out I dropped the eldest off to her then went home.

Once home I figured as we had our Pinstripe Royal 7 days ago I would be the first to handle him in relative peace and of course handle all the others for an hour or so before the OH and the girls got back......ANYWAY.....my mother called and started to seriously enquire about snakes and whilst my parents are unlikely to buy me a snake I do think they are going to have one themselves if not I may buy the gear and give them one as a present.

·
Registered
579 Posts
congratz with the Bday and the royal, and what a great mum u have mate.

I love the name monty (have got a monty as well) :2thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts