Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
oh wow dont you need a licence to keep them? people a few doors down from me have about 30 owls lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
awesome looking bird. looks in really great shape aswell.

i keep saying im going to get into falconry, and if i EVER get enough space then this will be the bird i will be getting

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Pretty gal! so noble. Nice artistic photographs too :)

Kestrels and smaller Raptors are my thing but she is impressive

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
very nice and in brilliant condition i wish i still had mine now i am off to cry now :lol2:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
WOW!! awesome hawk & in super condition a credit to you.:mf_dribble:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got her well my dad got her about 4 months ago ! she just comming out of molt and were just getting her weight down to her flighting weight !

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Very nice mate

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty gal! so noble. Nice artistic photographs too :)

Kestrels and smaller Raptors are my thing but she is impressive
yeh only started getting in to it few months ago ! when we have a bit more experience we would like to get a goss hawk ! just order a telermetry > a tracker thing ! just i case it fly off lol

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Very nice bird. I had a lovely experiance with one I used to help care for at collage while doing my ND in animal care. Some how the hawk managed to climb onto my head and get a good grip of my scalp in the process, it BOODY hurt in both sences of the word. All my fault of course but still it was lovely.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
nar u dont need a licence for a harris hawk ! 30 owls that alot to care for !!!

Its their business they go to shows and fly them and do talks and fetes etc its run by the son whos 20 and his sister and parents help too

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice bird. I had a lovely experiance with one I used to help care for at collage while doing my ND in animal care. Some how the hawk managed to climb onto my head and get a good grip of my scalp in the process, it BOODY hurt in both sences of the word. All my fault of course but still it was lovely.
when we first got her she footed me a few time the worse time was when she grabbed me right around my thum and her claws went round my bone and had to get my old man to pull the talans out and boy that hurt !! stud there for 5 min thinking she will let go in a min !!she didnt :lol2:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Their tallons are stupidly strong but so impressive. If I had the tim and money i would love a sparrow hawk to catch my diner with. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Their tallons are stupidly strong but so impressive. If I had the tim and money i would love a sparrow hawk to catch my diner with. :)
so what size pray would they take then because there only small birds ! but i must addmit they are very agressive and flight at a great speed ! ive got a few dvds and they show sparrow hawks on there !

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well we watched a few dvds on them and thought that looks easy enough !:lol2: but theres a lot more to them than you think ! you have to weight the bird then work out how much fresh meat thay need ! its mainly to do with weight because if there not hungry they wont come back to you ! and thats just feeding then theres flighting them every day ! but there worth it !

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
She's gorgeous! Do you intend to hunt with her when you get her down to her flying weight?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts