Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy.just a quick post to ask:Has anybody had a female leo that just wont mate with any males?mine is about 2-3yrs and iv had her from about july last year.She is 55g and eats fine and sheds no problem.the only thing is i've tried to breed her with 3 different adult males that are all proven but she just wont have any.they only have to lick her tail and shes off in a shot.my other females a tart compaired to her.I tried housing her seperate for 4 month but that didnt help.any idea what im doing wrong? :roll:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Moody female

Hi,

She could be a 'hot' female, i.e. one that was incubated for male but turned out female..... they tend to be aggressive and not mate at all.... but then again she could just be waiting for the right man :wink:

Cheers

Adam

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arhhh that might explain it.strange,i have never herd of that before.oh well she will have a life as a nun then and wereship her god of food i.e me!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
try and give more hides.....she might just want a bit of privacy!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
my female is the same i had her in with a male for about a month and she was fine they got on really well no problems at all and then suddenly he started attacking him every time he was near her, in the end i had to rehome my male as she just would stop and i have decided she will be alone now for the rest of her life, which is a shame as i would of loved her to of had company but she just doesnt seem to like other geckos :(

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh.i've had to give her a viv on her own.think she's just going to be one of those loners for the rest of her life.tried her with my other female and she didnt get on neither so i've got no choice but to give her a viv on her own.poor thing :roll:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I'd say she's a typical female :lol:

Didn't know about the hot females though.. Thats a great bit of info that!

·
Registered
130 Posts
same here i tried her with a female before i did with a male and no luck so she now has to stay on her own, its a shame but there is nothing that can be done.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know.funny thing.she cant even go gay as she attacks my other female.the big grump!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts