2 soft shells,
4 babie yellow bellys,
adult female yellow belly,
adult male yellow belly
adult missisipi map male

and on sunday im getting
4 red bellys,
and a side neck:eek:oo:
yes im mad, all thats not inc the rest of my pets, and one feel free to ask x Danielle x

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
welcome !

aww lovely we rescue turtles we have around 20 and tomrw were going to rescue some more what was described to us as "lots" of terrapins

i would love some snake necks there lovely :flrt:

what do you keep them all in? we have several enclousers the first is a IBC tank cut down (4ft x 3ft x 2ft) with 3ft of land, then we have two 8ft x 4ft x 3ft tanks with 5ft of land, then for the smaller ones we have two 4ft x 1ft x 1ft fish tanks with 2ft x 2ft land then a three foot tank with a a turtle dock for the smalle ones

heres some pics of mine

the inside big tank

and the ones in the rep room

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 3 adults are in a jewel 190,
2soft shells and snake necks are only tiny babies are in a 2ft, the red bellys and side neck are coming in on saturday night/sunday morning,
im turning my 4 ft tank into there new home, waiting for my glass to make land ect as i would like to try and breed some of my guys.
its all mad at mine lol, will get some pics soon for you.

all i got on this comp will get more soon :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
huh your telling me hehe i was thinking that lol, any advise? and can i ask what feeds do you use as i always do mixed but im spending so much they eat like theres no tommorow lol,
i feed: turtle dry mix,
frozens: turle mix, fish meat, lance fish, squid, cockles,
live shrimp,
lettuce, grapes loads lol

also any advise on red bellys, i thought they sex like yellow bellys ect but i do think i have 2 girls and 2 boys as i no it sounds stuped but 2 have girly faces small claws but bigish tails, the other 2 have huge faces and huge tails and claws.: victory: cheers

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my partner has a new cam :mf_dribble:
so got some pics for you's
snake necks

male map

male Yellow Belly Cooter

Male red belly

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Hi lovely pics! i really need a new camera :lol2:

mine get fed a mixture of chicks, beefheart, prawns, crushed cuttle fish, dried terrapin food and somtimes mice when one of the snakes dosnt eat theres.

i have to just rescued a european map turtle that apparently would only eat ham!! have now got it eating small pieces of prawns and on a friday i am going to pick a little yellow belly for a lady were getting busy now for some reason

Clare

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
We have a random Chelodina novaeguineae. He's about a foot long (inc neck) and eats livefoods (ie crix etc), pinkies, mice and seafood.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
never fed mine seafood but there do like the odd crix and locust and there LOVE wax worms

do you have a pic of your guy Dan??

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
What's prawn and cuttlefish then? ;) I didnt mean i did him some sushi, LOL :D

Here's George (pics from last year):

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow what a long neck lol,
pinkys and chicks :sick: hehe i didnt know theyd eat that:bash:

well on 15th feb im off to somerset to see family as its my bday on the 17th, and were coming bk with snakes:)

i found a good place, and i managed to get a map female and she is huge compared to my boy, he was like WOW!!! tryed to hump her but shes a bit too big for that hehe:lol2:

your tanks (vats) are making me think of getting a massive vat making land and using a pond filter... how does that sound?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
thats what i use keeps the water claraity better i'll get some of my outdoor ones when i put them out :)

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
DJangel if your going to put them in vats go to you local Koi dealership there brilliant vats!!

and just found out my 26 terrapins is going up tomrw were off to rehome a baby terrapin

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:) why thank you.
my boyfriend owns a fish shop, its a shame as when he moved shops im sure he had em:-x

ill ask around im sure he know's some people, but how would i do the vat, land ect would they be ok in an open tank for lights ect, ill still put a light but wont it be different from a tank?

the shop i got the female map from has 2 side necks male and female, i want to get them as i have one girl on its own but im not 100% sure.
if not anyone know of a male for sale?
cheers guys

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
we run a a uv light hung about the land i'll get some pics for you tomrw to show how we set ours up you dont have to do it the same but will give you some ideas of what works

Clare

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sounds great cant wait thanx:)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:( bad news for me!! i went away for a couple of days for my bday, well my mum and sister bloody over feed my animals well my tank of 6 was the worse, i walked though the door and the smell was horrible, i done and complete water change but still was bad, so done another complete one couple days later, well my big map female started to look funny so i kept an eye on her, the 2 days ago she took a turn for the worse, she started to look like she had swim bladder so i took her out of water and put her on land, she stayed there for hours not looking too good, then my daughter's illness got worse so i had to rush her to hosp, well i feel ad and blame myself as when i got back she had fell in water and couldnt get bk up so i pulled her out and tryed to get as much water out of her as i could, but it was too late just before i could get to a vets she died in my arms, i was so upset blaming myself too.. now 2 more are starting to go that way but the worse about it is its very very hard to find a vet, ive rand lots and only found one, thats in romford so now i have to go there tonight with 5 turtles at 35 each not inc meds!!! not good, so my advise to peeps please dont make my mistake. think quick and do what you thinks best, will keep you updated, and ill give you's all the phone number in case anyone needs one :( 01708384444 romford

1 - 20 of 21 Posts