Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the first pics of my new mini "nursery" rack for my hatchlings, its only got 3 residents( 06 ghost corn, 06 common corn and thanks to cornmorphs an 06 creamsicle) at the moment but got an 05 albino okeetee on the way along with the other boxes. And got my eye on a hatchling blue eyed leiucistic texas rat and a variable king so might have to build another one too :D

it aint perfect but not too bad for a first attempt :D

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
looks good 8) , whats underneath it?

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
markhill said:
looks good 8) , whats underneath it?
young female royal, she makes the most of the height(loves to climb, the vivs 3ft high but ya cant tell in that pic), she will be going into a bigger viv soon and the viv will be empty for either a young jungle carpet or maybe an amazon tree boa or something similar. Oh and i'll be getting a brazilian soon too(just seen your wish list)

the larger box underneath and the spaces for 3 more should be filled soon, just waiting on the other two heat strips to arrive

·
Registered
641 Posts
Looking good, but give it time and I'm sure you'll need a lot more levels than that. Snakes are too damn addictive! lol :D

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oldelpaso said:
Looking good, but give it time and I'm sure you'll need a lot more levels than that. Snakes are too damn addictive! lol :D

i know a few years ago we were upto about 40+ snakes and about 30+lizards and then amphibians. but this time were just sticking with sub 9ft snakes only. mainly small to medium pythons and boas and rat snakes with a couple of exceptions eg western hoggies(and maybe i'll get another madagascan hognose as i loved mine)

so if you take out all lizards and snakes over 9ft, snakes that dont appeal and stick too captive bred it reduces the amount of different snakes, then its just the issue of how many of each. I really love my royals but 2 isn't enough :D so there will be a few more of them, obviously more corn morphs and then all the one offs

·
Registered
641 Posts
Small to medium pythons? Just what I like :D

Even so, I doubt I'll ever have the room and money to get even half of what I want (maybe I'm just greedy :roll: ) but I'll have a damn good try! lol :wink:

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oldelpaso said:
Small to medium pythons? Just what I like :D

Even so, I doubt I'll ever have the room and money to get even half of what I want (maybe I'm just greedy :roll: ) but I'll have a damn good try! lol :wink:
heres my wanted list so far

Jungle carpet
brazilian rainbow
spotted python
western hognose
childrens python
hog island boa
blue eyed leicistic texas rat

then if money allows

black header python or woma(know a woma breeder)
green tree python
bredlls python

but moneys the main issue(and i suppose space again)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts