Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Taken early this year, i have now modified the tank lid which has eradicated the condensation and also now run an Eheim 2213 as well as the Fluval3 shown here! Also added a few more hiding places and plants to the tank!

Poor picture quality down to rubbish iPhone camera!! Hope to take so proper ones soon! =)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
:2thumb:Super pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought you weren't keeping turtles and fish together any more.

Personally I would be wary of the gravel as the turtles "forage" about.
I'm not, well aside from the plecs which lots of people keep with turts and is seen in most pet shops and 4 danios that i can't catch!
As i said, pics are a few months old!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm not, well aside from the plecs which lots of people keep with turts and is seen in most pet shops and 4 danios that i can't catch!
As i said, pics are a few months old!
Those Plecs will grow HUGE! and out grow that tank easily.

Also do the turtles have a basking area? I know you can just about see what could be one in the photos, it don't seem to break the waters surface?

Cute Musks BTW :flrt:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
nice musks, have you got 2 spare tanks ready for them when they need separating?
i kept my two together for abit and then one began to bully the other, so be carefull and keep an eye out

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basking area is top left, can't see it on the pic! Although I use cork bark now as I was afraid of the slate tippling over! The gravel is alot bigger than they could fit in their mouths at present, I'm going to change to either slate or sand when they get bigger! I've 2 spare set ups which I'm using to grow aquatic plants and put my convict fry so I'm ready if(when) they start causing me trouble!! Hopefully have a couple of years yet though and by then I'll have even more set ups and outdoor ponds ready!! :) got grand designs for the garden but will take a few years to make reality!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
nice one, be prepared for alot earlier then a couple of years, mine were 14 months when i had to separate them :(

just out of interest, if you put them in an outdoor pond, how will you heat the water?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts