Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this second hand from a pet shop. It was well used so I took it to pieces, cleaned it, put a solid back on, changed the sizes of the vivs and resealed it all. There were originally 12 vivs but the smaller ones were little use to me so rather than replace glass, I cut out some of the dividing walls to create larger vivs while retaining the structural integrity. Much like knocking your living room through to the dining room.

Now I have 2 3ft vivs on top, then 1 2ft and 1 4ft, next 2 3ft, then 1 4ft and 1 2ft and finally 1 6ft. I have corn snakes and a king snake all with mats and stats in there and one of my boas on the bottom. The two, 2ft ones are being used for storage at present and one is strategically above the boas ceramic so any heat transfer has a minimal affect on the other snakes. All of the thermometers are attached to the side and I'll be mounting the stats tonight.

I have the big chip in the wood on the front to sort and lighting but it's done other than that. I've ordered a T5 under unit light and an LED strip to compare and choose one to go in all of the vivs.

My living room isn't quite as cluttered any more even though I still have another 4 individual vivs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks fab!

well done!
Thank you. :2thumb: The adult amel I got from you is in one of the 3ft ones and the two baby amels who are currently in RUB's will eventually be going into the 2ft ones.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
smashing!

You have just given me an idea about that stack i have!

i could nock it through to make 4 foot vivs!

The snakes still doing ok?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
or knock........:whistling2:
nock or knock, either will work I'm sure :lol2:
The snakes are doing great. Still having to force feed the lighter one but it's putting on weight and growing well. I'm sure it'll get the idea sooner or later.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you :2thumb:.

I still haven't made time to sort that big chip but all of the stats are mounted now. All of the snakes except the boa (Bobby) ate on Saturday despite the move. Bobby Bobby occasionally decides to miss a feed anyway.

The strip light turned up today so I'll be installing that and then an led strip once it arrives to compare before buying the other 8.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts