Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new beaded dragon. Not to sure about the sex yet, no name as of yet. Around 3 months old and no idea what morph. Still adorable thou.

And this is the viv.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whys that? That’s what all the bd’s where on at the store the fella that sold it to me said that’s what his are on and a number of web sites recommended it

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
sand can cause impaction if eaten along with the crickets and is quite dangerous becasue of that also nice BD and also not ure but have you got a UV tube in there ?im not picking on u just asking as i couldnt see 1 :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
thers one under the bark wood (this is taylor ace i'm on my girlefriends laptop not my pc so i'm also on her account lol)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
wot a UV under the bark log wot good is it there ?lol it shoudl be lengh of viv roughly and id say run it along the back 6 inches up from the sand : victory:

·
Premium Member
7,867 Posts
wot a UV under the bark log wot good is it there ?lol it shoudl be lengh of viv roughly and id say run it along the back 6 inches up from the sand : victory:

That made me laugh lol. 'What good is it there' I always laugh when people say things like that. lol. (sorry lol)

Yeah, i agree. It should be 6 inch off the floor, and out in the open. I doubt there is one under the bark though, there are no wires leading to it!!!

Glad you picked up on that Adam, as i would have forgotten lol.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
That made me laugh lol. 'What good is it there' I always laugh when people say things like that. lol. (sorry lol)

Yeah, i agree. It should be 6 inch off the floor, and out in the open. I doubt there is one under the bark though, there are no wires leading to it!!!

Glad you picked up on that Adam, as i would have forgotten lol.
thanks mate and i thought the same with the no wires etc etc and lol i just sead it how i thought it with the "what good is it under there" bit :blush:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
hey there fella, nice beardie and your setup looks spot on........................................

apart from the UVB bulb, dont tell porkies just admit that its something you forgot or disagree to etc etc and seek others opinions

nevermind, get a uvb tube and you will spot on.

do you have a heatmat? and only cause you told porkies - is the basking bulb on a stat and why do you have the CHE- does your house get cold at night???

honest questions and only want to help

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
lol i ment the bark was under the uv sorry for confusion. and btw if if the uv was under the bark you would be able to see the leads going behined it :) and he CHE is there just incase the temp drops at night

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
more pick's of my lil buddy

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
tbh - you can always tell if theres a uvb light or any fluorescent light in a viv and yours doesnt seem to have one. If there is one which i doubt, then its way too high.

the uvb should run the whole length of the viv, or atleast cover the basking area...................................................................

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will post a pick of the uv asap. I was told by the shop keeper that the uv had to be just over ½ the size of the viv which it is and on the cool end of the viv, again… as it is.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There we go, just as I said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts