Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just the past 2 days building my new chameleons home. think ive got it right and he seems very happy but any feedback and ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpity bump! come on guys!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey its looking good id put a few more branches in let him get good exercise to be able to move where he wants kinda thing.

·
Registered
754 Posts
You could also lower the uv a bit to give a more even spread of light if he wants to be lower down in the tank, or even have al onger tube 90' to how it is atm, giving light the whole height of the viv.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Looking good!!!! As jonny said maybe get a longer tube and put it in on and angle to get more light in there for the lucky little fella!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
i think it looks great, only thing i would suggest is a few more vines or branches, just so theres loads of different places to climb, i think chams are pretty adventurous and love to explore and move around, but it looks good, very spacious and looks nice and natural. what kind of cham u getting?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks!! i will be getting a longer tube in the next couple of weeks but i will lower it for now.

ive got some more branches in the process of being treated. although its a nightmare to strip bark off small twigs etc without them snapping!! lol!!

the viv is for my new baby yemen from daddycool, hes been a temp viv while i was getting this one sorted. i am really pleased with how its turned out and will be adding some hibiscus for a bit of colour eventually. it looks so cosy i want to get in there with him!! :lol2:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
looks good,i would personally take out the glass and replace it with mesh like you have the back.
that way you get a good cross over of ventilation.
:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hey Deb

Glad he's doing okay!!
Looks good
I think the length of uv is not too bad, as long as he can get near enough to it, within say 12-14" when he wants to, will be fine, they'll wander about anyway

don't worry too much about stripping the bark off either.....just dunk it in reptile safe disinfectant (and rinse afterwards), or boiling water, or even in the oven, will do the trick mine love the bark, for extra grip.... I use ivy and birch branches mostly, maybe add a vine across the viv to join the plants at a higher level, so he has an alternative UV basking spot

Looks like He went to a good Home !!:no1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts