Reptile Forums banner

My new Chameleon.

Tags
chameleon
326 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jinhax 
#1 ·
My new Chameleon aged around 7-8 months isn't eating since I got her. I tried her with locust which the pet shop informed me she had been eating, but wasn't interested. I've tried lettuce, wax worms, mealworms and even fruit flies on the off chance and still no interest. During her first few days (I've had her since the 24/07/2020) she was very active and always doing her own thing, but now she is always sleeping and not active at all. She was drinking when I sprayed water in the viv and I have now got a large dripper plant but she isn't wanting to drink now either. I have consulted with the pet shop, specifically the person who fed her and he stated she was never a big eater but would usually eat of her set feeding days but for me she just has no interest what so ever.

She isn't dark in colour and isn't obviously dehydrated, she has no sunken eyes or wrinkled skin, but I just can't figure out what's wrong. I have also kept handling to a minimum, aside from when I've had to add new things into it.

I have a thermostat which keeps the viv at a constant 25-27degrees and also have a humidifier which keeps it at around 60-70 in terms of the hydrometer.

She has mutliple bowls of water, at different heights in the viv, aswell as a bowl in the 'trees' that I have been placing worms in, but she hasn't touched them so they just end up dying.

I'm reluctant to take her to the vets as I don't want to stress her out and I had been hoping it was just stress from moving her into somewhere new, but honestly at this point I'm just scared she isn't going to make it no matter how hard I try.

Any advice or even if anyone thinks they may know what is going on, please please message me. I love this little girl so much and I don't want her to suffer.

Thank you

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.