Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to gavlp20 and thanks to reptile taxi, Cat and Ditti (i think names are right) i got these 2 great frills 2days back :)

As yet we have no names :hmm:

Heres the male :)

In the bath -

Male again -

And again -

And again -

Here the female :)

In the bath -

Female again-

And again-

Here the male + female together-

Just though I'd show them off :) They have settled in great :)

If the pics make them look huge then thats cause they r haha very big lizards :)

Thanks, Fraser

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
congrats on the frillys...you say they are of breeding age?
what size is the viv?
please be careful with wires/light fittings hanging down so far mate..always best to have lights attached high and raise the basking areas [especially for arboreal species] than to bring the light fitting down and waste useable room.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
congrats on the frillys...you say they are of breeding age?
what size is the viv?
please be careful with wires/light fittings hanging down so far mate..always best to have lights attached high and raise the basking areas [especially for arboreal species] than to bring the light fitting down and waste useable room.
I struggled with the lights for ages, but because its a T-rex active uv flood it needs to be 12" to basking spot, i can't raise basking platforms much higher :(

Was told the frillies are between 18-24months but female seems awfull young :( she has just had a clutch (before i got them) and she seems very weak and tired :( Going to order some T-REX Hydro life 1st thing 2morrow morning, maybe brighten her up a bit.

Thanks, Fraser

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
is the frilly cage the tall skinny one pictured? [sorry cant see in the pics clearly whats in them]
the lamp is hanging down half way down the cage rigth?
raise the lamp 12 inches..raise the bask 12 inches...you end up with exactly the same distance from bulb to bask just higher up in the viv....

what size is the viv anyway?
#
EDIT-
oh i see the tall viv then goes underneath the other one, thats cool.
id still raise the lamp but its up to you, i just think its dangerous and a waste of the space [unusable] above the lamp.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is the frilly cage the tall skinny one pictured? [sorry cant see in the pics clearly whats in them]
raise the lamp 12 inches..raise the bask 12 inches...you end up with exactly the same distance from bulb to bask just higher up in the viv....

No the viv is an L shape the tall skinny one and the bottom one :) There is an iggy cage above the right side cage which is separate (not a permanent iggy cage of course)

The cage is 5ft tall (left side) 27inches tall (right side) 2 feet depth (both sides) and is 5feet long including the smaller right hand side cage :)

I cant get basking logs any higher :(

Fraser

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

#
EDIT-
oh i see the tall viv then goes underneath the other one, thats cool.
id still raise the lamp but its up to you, i just think its dangerous and a waste of the space [unusable] above the lamp.
Totally agree but i can't get basking logs any higher :(

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
lol ok dude sweet.
Nice viv designs by the way.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.