Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having along coversation with my mum about current space situation she managed to talk me into getting an iguana.
her thinking was it was either one rep, (the iggy)
or loads of little ones.

so, i now have a tiny baby boy.

He was the last one left in this huge vivarium in which water dragons, iguanas and geckos were kept in and he was being beaten up :(
On closer inspection im 99.9% sure one of his toes are broken on his left hand as all the rest are working fine, this one is just hanging down all limp. He hasnt eaten anything, or drunk :(

Is it best to just leave the toe and observe him over a couple of weeks? do iggy toes fix themselves?

Other than the above he seem pretty healthy, bright green with blue and brown, allthough his 'dewy' hasnt dropped

Also im worried as to whether i should handle him as much as possible and get him really tame from the go, or to let him grow up a bit and then do it?

i will post pics of him and his current set up tomorow :)

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I dont have any iggys but theres a couple on the forum that have a bearded dragon and I think the other was a water dragon with broken legs and they put thier own splints on the legs and they heeled fine. Im not sure how you would go about putting spints on toes :S Id let the iggy settle in for a week and then Id start getting him used to be handled. Baby iggys cant be pretty quick though so make sure theres no small gaps that he can sqeeze through if he jumps out your hands. :D

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Congrats, not really alot you can do with toes tbh, all id recomend is to sprinkle a little more calcium power on his salad than usual, help his bones heal abit quicker :)

piccys soon !!!

Kev

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grrrr im annoyed this morning,
As we got him home 'after hours' last night we didnt set the lamp up properly, just the heat mat.
I go to set it up this morning and the plug is a freakin international crap thing!
So now i have to rush into town and find an adapter for it :x

Theres alot of calcium in his water and on his food, hes just being a little sod and still not eating!

gggrrr and now my dads taken the car so i cant drive to town which means ill have to wait another hour for the bus so ill probably miss the grand prix :x

today is not a good day!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
where did u buy the lamp from?

congrats on the new iggy

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
oh ok, dont know of it.
Maybe he doesnt know they dont have the right plugs, if u let him know he may start stocking them too and could earn extra cash.

Hope you get it sorted soon, hows ur iggy doing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i will.
His ok, wandering up and down and around his viv.
still with the floppy toe lol,
and still NOT EATING :x

im gonna go now and see if i can scav a lift off a friend.
pictures when i get back ;)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
sweet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi just reading about ur new iguana wiv flopy toe, i'v got a 3 year old he also broke a couple toes when he woz very small even now is still flopy, i think this happend coz thay get ther clawes stuck in big peices of cork bark,i do not recommend using this for basking on, use smother branches or wood this will ensure toes dont get snaged and heal better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FINALLY!
HE EATS!!!

it took alot of rubbing against his mouth but he finally let some food through, moist food at that. so im happy now :)
just prepared a plate of luxury salad for him, he's just looking down at it in disgust right now lol

Apologies for the boobs peeps, didnt really think about it at the time!

crappy pic

heres him hiding!

and some more random pics

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
He's a cutie, very suprised there wasnt more comments on your boobs though lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts