Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought my 2 new snakes home from work. San Luis Potosi Mountain King and a Thayeri Variable King. I've been thinking of getting them for a week now and could'nt resist any longer both females and i've already ordered the males on the next import. Me Bad :lol:

Della

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Any pics? bet theyre beautiful.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I love King snakes

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hav'nt worked out the picture thingy on here yet. I'll try to sort it out i'd love to put some pics of my collection on here.

Della

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Della,
Nice choice of Kings, my favourites. I have 1.2 SLP and 1.1 Thayers.
:D
[The San luis Potosi is not a mountain king by the way.]
Looking forward to the pictures, here's a couple of my Thayers for starters (taken last year) :
male -

female -

I host my photos on http://photobucket.com/ and cut and paste the IMG link here, easy.
Graham.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right about the SLP sorry it's been a long long day and i'm tired.

I love your snakes they look fantastic.

Della

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
della.g said:
You're right about the SLP sorry it's been a long long day and i'm tired.

I love your snakes they look fantastic.

Della
Della,
Hope to see yours soon. Here's an update on mine taken minutes ago with my new pocket digital bought for holidays (Olympus IR-500) :

Graham.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out of curiosity what age and size are yours at? Mine are 06 hatchlings so it's always good to have an idea what to expect as all the books and caresheets tend to differ and i never know which ones to take any notice of but asking other keepers is usually the best way to check on things.I was told that Cali Kings grow at about the same rate as the Milks but from personal experience i find this totally wrong or my Cali is a giant freak.

Thanks Della

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Variables are smaller kings anyway... they dont grow as big as most kings... this is my peach variable and he's about 6 months old and only just over a ft long... this is him when I got him

And him now

Hes been a problem feeder all this time though and still has to be assist fed chopped up pinkies.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Della,
Mine (I think) are 03s and they are approximately three feet long. They both eat medium or large mice, the female being a little bigger tends to get large more often.
If all goes well and I'm prepared they should breed this coming year then it's the ordeal of problem feeders I guess.
Graham.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NNY that is fantastic. Just extended my wish list a little further.My variable fed as soon as i got her home last night with no problem at all.I was'nt expecting her to feed but as it was feed day for all the others i thought i may as well defrost an extra pinky. I hope this is a good sign for the future.

Thanks for that Graham it's good to know what other peoples results are.
Thinking of a pair of Tangerine Hondouran milks (spelling?) after i've got the males to go with these next year. What do you think?

Della

·
Registered
488 Posts
NICE 8) I'm a big fans of kings and the SLP looks brilliant, wish I had one, always liked the look of mountain kings and other grey and red kings.

( I mustn't buy any new reps, I mustn't buy any new reps, I mustn't buy any new reps.... Hang on what am I saying!!! :p)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts