Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im new and im really getting into leo's now, and here's my story

a few days ago my f leo died, she was only 3 years old, she wasn;t shedding then i went to feed both my leo's (i have a m leo in there too) and found she was dead.
so then the next day i got my neo f leo, a very young one:

shes very calm and i really like her. im thinking of naming her Hershy but im not sure yet, if anyone has any suggestions please post them

and heres slick, he hasnt been calm because i havent handled him in forever, but getting my new leo has changed that and he is becoming less jumpy

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Have you got them together? because that's a pretty big size difference and more than likely will result in the death of your new female, as well as by the sounds of it if they are in together then you didn't keep her seperate in quarantine.

Let us know please :) The little girl looks beautiful though and I hope she's happy in a viv of her own.

Do you know why your other female died?

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
big age difference, big size difference, looks like beech chips as substrate, no quarintine.

don't mean to be rude but i'm going to be blunt!

you'll be lucky if that one makes it to the age your female did.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Well they are new to the game.

Here's what I'd do Werty, get the new female in another viv, make sure there are airholes and enough room for her. As a substrate use paper towels, not anything else like chip wood, bark, sand, or anything, just towels. As a young gecko she'll be testing everything and will ingest a lot of substrate, this will lead to compaction and will probably kill her.

She'll need to stay in the other viv, because the size difference is just too great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys

but they are fine together they dont fight at all they sleep in the same rock cave and are perfect but ill do what you guys said im new to this

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Thank you for taking the advice people are giving you its all to often people join ask if things are ok and then dont listen to people that have been dealing with reptiles for a long time. :D

As said above she really needs to go in to a tub or a very small viv and although they may be fine together at the moment they wont be soon as your male will most likely attack your new female as you have said he isnt very tame either.

I also think you really need to quarentine new animals when they come in to the home :) as they could pass on things to your other reptiles

That also looks like a very very young gecko as its bands havent even started breaking can i ask how old you were told it was?

Also you will need to feed her much smaller crickets than you feed the male :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts